shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on this Princess Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bondslove

Rough_Rock
I found this on blue nile as I can only seem to find the cathedral tapered setting on there, so within my budget, wanted your opinion on this diamond?
Is this good for the money, or are there better ones out there??

Stock number: LD01092056

Price: $3,530

Bank wire price: $3,478

Carat weight: 1.01

Cut: Very Good

Color: H

Clarity: VS1

Price per carat: $3,495

Depth %: 73.8%

Table %: 75%

Symmetry: Good

Polish: Very good

Girdle: Medium to very thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 5.66 x 5.54 x 4.09 mm

Length/width ratio: 1.02

GIA13344614.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi bondslove,

As the diamond is from BN, it is very difficult to advise as they don't provide any images such as ASET and photos, so it is really not possible to be able to get an idea of how well this diamond is cut....The table is a bit greater than the depth, usually the reverse is preferred with the depth being greater. I prefer to purchase from vendors who have in house Princess with all the images and info provided, if you prefer to buy from BN then it is a gamble with fancy shapes as so much info is missing and all you can do is hope you like what you see when you open the box.... Have you checked out any of the vendors with in house Princess?

bondslove

Rough_Rock
I don''t know where to start with in house vendors. I am looking for a particular Tapered cathedral setting. I have another post out there trying to find a 1 carat princess, VS1, H with a $4500 budget for both rings and setting in white gold.
I apparently need help!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 3:23:38 PM
Author: bondslove
I don''t know where to start with in house vendors. I am looking for a particular Tapered cathedral setting. I have another post out there trying to find a 1 carat princess, VS1, H with a $4500 budget for both rings and setting in white gold.
I apparently need help!!!
Ok, I just took a look and saw that Jstar has made some suggestions for you, she has a great knack of finding excellent Princess so I would definitely take a look at her suggestions. I will post some vendors you can look through here, then maybe we might be best sticking to that thread so that all your info is in one place.

Check these guys out,

www.highperformancediamonds.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.exceldiamonds.com

www.whiteflash.com

Also these vendors often have access to more settings than you see on their websites so it shouldn''t be difficult to find the cathedral style setting you want.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:48:58 PM
Author:bondslove
I found this on blue nile as I can only seem to find the cathedral tapered setting on there, so within my budget, wanted your opinion on this diamond?
Is this good for the money, or are there better ones out there??

Stock number: LD01092056

Price: $3,530

Bank wire price: $3,478

Carat weight: 1.01

Cut: Very Good

Color: H

Clarity: VS1

Price per carat: $3,495

Depth %: 73.8%

Table %: 75%

Symmetry: Good

Polish: Very good

Girdle: Medium to very thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 5.66 x 5.54 x 4.09 mm

Length/width ratio: 1.02
It all depends on what you are looking for. This is actually a decent diamond if you are only looking for Price vs weight. But if you are looking for a princess cut with a good amount of sparkle/fire, this might not be the diamond for you. You are either going to have to spend an additional $1000 on a diamond or reduce the weight in the range of .8-.92cts.

I have noticed that there are people out there that can care less about how it sparkles as long as it is BIG, while others are the complete opposite.

So, weight, sparkle, or a happy median?

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Just found a great one for you. AGS000 .95/I/VS1/Ideal/Ideal princess cut. Icestore is selling it for only $3350, but if it is not taken already, I am sure Blue Nile will be able to offer it to you at the same price if you just ask them. This would be a diamond to get if you are looking for a lot of sparkle/fire.

bondslove

Rough_Rock
Are Ice and blue nile affiliated? Can they sell an ice diamond? If so, the stone is beautiful and just wonder how to go about getting into the setting on BN?

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Icestore most likely does not own this diamond either, it is probably sitting at a different vendeor ready to be bought by someone (if it is not taken already), as about 5 different Etailers on PS are advertizing it. Just about any retailer can buy this diamond, and most of them are usually able match the price of the lowest sellers price if you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results