shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on price of setting

Susiecushie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
So I got a new AVC from GOG (will post pics later when I can show the difference between my round H&A and AVC). GOG quoted 1775 (18K) for a Vatche setting (Sisely). But I have seen at various other vendors for much less. Do you think it is likely that it was a misqoute? Could GOG actually be 600 more than other sites (PS vendors)?

Just driving me crazy thinking this. I really want to stay with GOG but that is a huge price difference.

Thanks.
Susan

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes GOG is expensive on their settings. I got a quote on a Gabriel and CO band from them for like 950 and ID sold it to me for 650!

Call around and ask for other quotes and either ask them to match or take your business elsewhere.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another possibility to explain some of the difference is that the other companies may not have not updated their websites since the metals price increase. ID Jewelery, for example, mentioned this to me as something that happens on their website sometimes. It is always best to call and confirm prices with any vendor.

You can ask GOG to price match and if you are still not satisfied, buy the setting elsewhere!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that if you purchase the setting from another vendor, they will charge you a setting fee and you also have additional shipping and insurance charges. So,if your stone is still with GOG and you can negoitate a better price to off set the additional cost of having someone else set the stone, I would stick with them. I think it's always easier to deal with one vendor. Can't wait to see your AVC, I was just oogling them again this morning! :love:

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Susie-

Im also looking at Vatche settings. Which vendors do you speak of? The Vatche settings are quite expensive so if I can save some $$...

Thanks in advance

Susiecushie

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone,
Apparently my cushion's setting would cost more due to the size. I must have just seen/talked to someone who gave me a quote for a different size rock. :( BUT GOG did step and say they would match the price if it was lower. :) So if I get a Vatche I will absolutely be going with GOG.

Susan

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Susiecushie|1317790605|3033601 said:
Thanks everyone,
Apparently my cushion's setting would cost more due to the size. I must have just seen/talked to someone who gave me a quote for a different size rock. :( BUT GOG did step and say they would match the price if it was lower. :) So if I get a Vatche I will absolutely be going with GOG.

Susan

well that is good to know! I can't wait to see your ring :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results