carat
color
clarity

Opinions Needed For In-Real-Life Perspectives on OEC Studs

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Am pondering the idea of buying studs & am not sure which direction I want to take. I have a .84 J, VS-2 ideal now & can easily buy another match then voila..studs. If I went with the OEC's, I can keep my J in it's 3 stone pendant ( bezeled, 2 x .36 & 1 x .84) . I want min. 1.5 - 2 ctw for the OEC's, bezel setting. I dont mind wearing modern pendant , OEC earrings.

So for those of you with OEC studs, would you buy them again or if you had the opportunity to change to modern rounds, would you? What about the OEC's do you love & what don't you love comparing both OEC & modern round?

As an aside, I've been lusting after inside/outside hoops for a long time & recently I was able to try on a pair exactly like I wanted. I wasn't thrilled with how skinny they looked, they were 5 pt. stones. ;( I could barely see them. I did try on a pair of 6mm studs & loved them. I've worn hoops for so long I didnt think I would like studs. I do! :loopy:

Thank you...
Judy
:))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Opinions Needed For In-Real-Life Perspectives on OEC Stu

Hi, Judy, I just bought new studs and I will tell you what I was told. I was considering keeping my old studs and getting new OEC studs as a second pair. But when I asked for advice from several PS members who have had or seen both, they encouraged me to stick with the ideal cuts for studs as they are simply going to have better light return on the ears and show up better. OEC's are going to do better as drop earrings as they will get more light from all directions that way. I had a couple of girls tell me they were going to switch back to modern rounds for their own studs. I DO hope to make some drop earrings with either OECs or rose cuts because I think that would be gorgeous and a different look from studs. So that is kind of how I worked out my diamond earring plan! But you really can't go wrong either way!

Good luck in your decision and I look forward to seeing what you choose!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you for posting, I'm glad you did. I've spent a bit of time looking at vids of OEC studs & completely see what you mean about white light. I think I'm most likely going to stick with the modern rounds & just upgrade till I get to a couple of honkers like you just got. LOL Thats a fabulous suggestion of smaller OEC's for dangles. Inexpensive enough for something different. ;)) Thanks again..

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

I think it depends on your personal style. I love my OEC studs - they are set in very fine bezel milgrain settings... Just under 2tcw. They are very beautiful and very me. I am more into vintage style stuff so OECs work better for me. I am also not bothered by colour so finding matching OECs was easier.

If you are after something with better light performance and higher colour then stick with MRBs. It really comes down to personal preference - what you prefer to look at and prefer to wear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ccuheartnurse|1427739485|3854613 said:
Thank you for posting, I'm glad you did. I've spent a bit of time looking at vids of OEC studs & completely see what you mean about white light. I think I'm most likely going to stick with the modern rounds & just upgrade till I get to a couple of honkers like you just got. LOL Thats a fabulous suggestion of smaller OEC's for dangles. Inexpensive enough for something different. ;)) Thanks again..

You are most welcome! As you can see, I have done multiple upgrades to get where I am now. I am LOVE seeing all the really large studs posted here, but this size is really plenty big enough for my little world! Upgrade policies do make it really easy to do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results