shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Needed: Christmas carriage ride proposal in NYC

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock
So while I'm trying to come up with a proposal plan my GF drops a golden egg in my lap via a random comment that she'd like to visit NYC around Christmastime. Perfect! Now I can plan this without suspiciion. What I was thinking is that we really want to see the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center, though I heard the crowds were nuts. Has anybody taken the carriage rides around/past the tree? I'm hoping we can soak in all its splendor and not be in the middle of a massive crowd. I read some carraige companies do half and half tours of lower Central Park and the Rockefeller Center area. Sounds like a great opportunity for question popping if you ask me! If anybody has any experience in this area I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I think carriage rides are wonderful, except for the aspect that Seinfeld elaborated on which is the mechanics of the whole thing... sitting in a carriage, watching a horse take a $h!t... There's also the smell.
We went to Central Park a few weeks ago and saw it for ourselves, not as romantic as Sex and the City makes it seem.

Rockefeller Center is CHAOS during the Christmas season. If it's not tourists, it the people trying to get the tourists to pay for something. Loud, hectic, crowded... not exactly what I'd call the ideal, but millions have done it and will continue to do so, you just decide if its right for your relationship!

Central Park, covered in snow, is truly a splendor. The lakes beginning to ice over, everything more picturesque than the thousand pictures you've already seen. There's a wonderful Angel fountain. If I were a guy wanting to propose in Central Park, I'd do it there. Carriages and pedi-cabs don't go there, pedestrians only.

Hope that wasn't all useless information, I can't wait to read about your proposal! Good luck!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I have no experience here, nor have I been to NYC, but both idea's suggested sound very romantic. I especially love wakingdreams53's idea. Good luck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love wakingdreams idea...and it is way more humane as the carriage rides are not very animal friendly to those poor horses... ;(
I think it sounds much more romantic to propose in Central Park with the beautiful backdrop. My dh proposed to me in the park and it was so romantic! Good luck and congratulations!!!

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
Peter_Patrick|1320752494|3056732 said:
**edited by moderator. please don't quote spammers**
???

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock
5 days left! I have dinner reservations at Anthony Bourdain's former restaurant, Les Halles, all set for 6:30 and the carriage ride booked at 9PM. I'm thinking of having the driver drop us off at the tree and saving the proposal for the last minute after the tree is in sight, unless a really romantic (and somewhat well lit) part of lower Central Park catches my eye. Right now I'm going over a dozen variations of how to start the mini-speech and what I'll say before popping the box open. One thing I'm thinking of, since there will be a blanket in the buggy, is right near the end and just before it gets obvious that this is no ordinary display of affection, place the box in her hand under the blanket and clasp her fingers over it. The look on her face when she realizes what that is should be priceless. :)

damons

Shiny_Rock
How did it go??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results