carat
color
clarity

Opinions and Thoughts on this Pink Sapphire

Nicola

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am considering this pink sapphire as a gift for a loved one,

It is listed for $950 and wanted to know if this would be considered good value based on its characteristics? Also, do you think the hue of the sapphire is nice?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

FFD7558E-7D8E-45CD-912F-D871F10167A8.jpeg AE4ED30C-5513-45D1-B187-2C25F291D86C.jpeg 75C2FD2F-7C45-4194-9CBF-A482EDB4332C.jpeg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you (or, the person you’re gifting too) like the color? I think thats the most important part.

Personally the stone doesn’t speak to me between the color and the window - I suspect others here might have similar feelings. But CS peeps love to throw out options if you’re interested :)

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree it's not really pink -- and quite brownish. Dark(ish) tone and undersaturated.

If you're not wedded to sapphire, you could get a lovely rubellite for that budget.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Too brown, the color for old ladies (I am old). I would like to get something happier than brown as a gift.

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
What a lovelly and geneeouse gift
what colour were you intending to set it into ?
is your heart set on that shape ?

Nicola

Rough_Rock
Hi Nicola, I think maybe tell us some parameters you are looking for? What cut, what shade of pink? How big etc.
I see a huge window and brown toned modifiers in this one so it’s not my favourite....
Thank you for your opinion. Would you happen to know any other reputable sites to view pink sapphires? I am looking for a round or cushion cut, 1.5 carats or more.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What about this?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like everyone else, this is pinkish brown based on the image. Its not the most desired color but some indeed do like it.

Do you have a particular budget?

voce

Ideal_Rock
I like the color even though it's not a very PINK pink. However, I cannot get past that window!

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colours are very personal, and this Sapphire is too brown for my liking. Besides, it has a massive window.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    What is White Gold?
    What is White Gold?
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.