shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions about this ruby?

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think about this ruby from Bob?

It's untreated, but I haven't done a whole lot of research on rubies, so I'm not sure on the color. If I buy it, it will (eventually) be prong-set.

TIA!

bob kast ruby2.jpg

bob kast ruby1.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I have basically it's twin from Bob, would not be surprised if they were from the same parcel. They are so similar I had considered getting that one as a match but really had no plans for what I'd do with them. It is nice to own an unheated ruby but honestly the color is so muddy and dark to me I doubt I'll ever set it because it would look so dark. Can't argue with his prices though.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, kelpie! That's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. I guess I'll hold off buying for a lighter stone.

Of course, that frees up the funds for a different BK stone possibly... :Up_to_something:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I think you should get that .86 carre cut pink tourmaline he has...so sweet!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the price point; untreated or not, it’s not a nice looking stone. I agree that it looks dark and brownish.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie said:
I think you should get that .86 carre cut pink tourmaline he has...so sweet!

Hmmm...I do like it. I do have some birthday money that I'd like to put toward either a stone for a pendant or some colored stone studs.

Do you think that tourmaline would be too small for a pendant?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I just think that stone has such nice character. Personally, I like that size for pendants. Most of my stones are 4-5mm in pendants as I like to sleep in them and wear them for a week or two before switching to another. Should fit perfectly in a calibrated 5mm princess setting which means you could probably pick a setting and chain out of a stuller or other catalog for under $200.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results