shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on trade in please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duckgal

Rough_Rock
I would love your opinion. Here is my situation:

So my darling fiance unknowingly went and bought an e-ring at Shane co before discovering PS. (though i''ve been secretly lurking for awhile
emembarrassed.gif
)

We have no specs on the set ring except for that it''s - 1 ct, J, SI1....and compared to the vendors here overpaid about $800-1000.
Went back to Shane Co asking for any reports or certs on the stone...and they say they have nothing!

Due to circumstances, the BF waited a while to propose and now it''s past the 60 day return policy and we have a bit or buyers remorse. We''ll be going to an independant appraiser to check the specs and value.

Here are our two options:

1. Upgrade/trade in at Shane co for their AGS0/Shane classic stone. Hopefully there will be more comfort knowing that it''s certified "quality"cut w/a visual difference.

2. Trade in the ring- use the credit to buy platinum bands and new setting (currently have white gold cause I was hoping to put more $ into the stone)
and then buy a new H&A diamond from GOG or Whiteflash....

Budget is a concern......but I''d really like something with a nice cut. And after learning so much on PS, it''s hard to have anything less.

Which would be better??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not in the trade. Just nosey...
2.gif

#2 Shane company is going through bankruptcy. While it looks to be re-organizational, I would rather not have my diamond from there. Make sure you negotiate well with them though and get a good deal. Do some research on how much the items you are looking for cost at other vendors so you know if you are getting a good deal or not.

Also, in addtion to the vendors listed... consider an Infinity H&A as well from one of the Infinity dealers like Dimend Scassi or WinkJones.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 4:59:25 AM
Author: Gypsy
Not in the trade. Just nosey...
2.gif

#2 Shane company is going through bankruptcy. While it looks to be re-organizational, I would rather not have my diamond from there. Make sure you negotiate well with them though and get a good deal. Do some research on how much the items you are looking for cost at other vendors so you know if you are getting a good deal or not.

Also, in addtion to the vendors listed... consider an Infinity H&A as well from one of the Infinity dealers like Dimend Scassi or WinkJones.
Ditto Gypsy -

Wink''s new website is here.

www.highperformancediamonds.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results