shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this stone, please :)

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I live overseas, so I am unable to return this stone once purchased. So if anyone is able to let me know if this is a good stone to purchase or not then that would be fantastic :D

Measurements - 5.43-5.45 x 3.23mm
Table size - 59%
Crown Height - 13.5% - 33.3
Pavilion Depth - 42.5% - 40.4
Girdle Thickness - medium
Cutlet - pointed
Total Depth - 59.4%

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Table is too large. In other words, stone is too shallow and light return suffers.

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
Table is too large. In other words, stone is too shallow and light return suffers.

Thank you :)
What table size should I be looking at?

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
This one has better dimensions/angles.

Other options to consider that come in $800 or less:

Last edited:

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
This one has better dimensions/angles.

Other options to consider that come in $800 or less:

Thank you very much! I will look into these :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget to run any potential options through the HCA tool (under the Tools tab at the top of the forum) - you are looking for a score of under 2 to illustrate a stone definitely worth considering, and up to mid-2s for a stone that needs more careful assessment.

You might only have a few goes on it for free, though, so try to look for stones with these proportions:

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
Don't forget to run any potential options through the HCA tool (under the Tools tab at the top of the forum) - you are looking for a score of under 2 to illustrate a stone definitely worth considering, and up to mid-2s for a stone that needs more careful assessment.

You might only have a few goes on it for free, though, so try to look for stones with these proportions:

Thank you OoohShiny! I managed to find a lab diamond that I am happy with.

1571373941392.png

Would anyone be able to help me source matching side stones? I was looking for 2 x 0.3 carats lab grown diamonds but they seem to be difficult to come by. The centre stone that I got was 0.61ct E VS1 (graded by IGI).

Eellee44

Rough_Rock

1571373941392.png

Would anyone be able to help me source matching side stones? I was looking for 2 x 0.3 carats lab grown diamonds but they seem to be difficult to come by. The centre stone that I got was 0.61ct E VS1 (graded by IGI).
Brilliant earth has lots at that size. Do you want an E colour as well? Or are you happy to go down a colour or two given the size of them?

Eellee44

Rough_Rock

1571373941392.png

Theres this pair but they are G’s.

Small tables so potentially little fire balls.

There are a lot on there to sift through. Most of them are 60/60 proportions I believe.

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
Theres this pair but they are G’s.

Small tables so potentially little fire balls.

There are a lot on there to sift through. Most of them are 60/60 proportions I believe.

I wanted to keep the colour consistent.. but maybe an F colour as long as it still faces up white. I have looked at Brilliant Earth but most of them didn't have any videos so I was a bit worried. Were there any other ones that you came across that was higher in colour?

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
I wanted to keep the colour consistent.. but maybe an F colour as long as it still faces up white. I have looked at Brilliant Earth but most of them didn't have any videos so I was a bit worried. Were there any other ones that you came across that was higher in colour?
I am not sure that in 0.30ct you will see any difference in colour from the G to the E but of course some people are very colour sensitive.

Are you in the US? The smaller stones tend to not have videos unfortunately. They do offer free 30 day returns though so you could get them in see the colour and how they look and if you don’t like them return them?

I have filtered for ones with videos for you. These seem like nice options

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
What kind of setting are you doing? I love three stone rings! Please do share :) especially once you have them all set!

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
I am not sure that in 0.30ct you will see any difference in colour from the G to the E but of course some people are very colour sensitive.

Are you in the US? The smaller stones tend to not have videos unfortunately. They do offer free 30 day returns though so you could get them in see the colour and how they look and if you don’t like them return them?

I have filtered for ones with videos for you. These seem like nice options

Thank you for your help Eellee44 :)
I live in Australia, but Brilliant Earth seems to offer free shipping and free returns so that is a bonus!
I really like the options that you have provided. With that second one, will you see that inclusion that's on the table?

Also, in terms of setting I will be leaving it up to my partner to decide (I get to choose the stones though! :D), but I will certainly post pictures once I receive it :)

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help Eellee44 :)
I live in Australia, but Brilliant Earth seems to offer free shipping and free returns so that is a bonus!
I really like the options that you have provided. With that second one, will you see that inclusion that's on the table?

Also, in terms of setting I will be leaving it up to my partner to decide (I get to choose the stones though! :D), but I will certainly post pictures once I receive it :)
No I don’t think you will at all.
Me too! And I purchased my lab diamond from brilliant earth. They have their own Australian customer service and free returns for here too :) I know some people had issues with them but I had a smooth transaction.
Cant wait to see what she chooses!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
Nice find! :))

E VS1 is a good place to be in MMDs, as even if the grading is a little 'soft', it should still have very little tint and be eye-clean :)

I swear that Takara had 0.3ct SuperIdeal stones but I can't find them now - could be worth dropping them a line!
https://betterthandiamond.com/produ...ara-Super-Ideal-Hearts-and-Arrows-Rounds.html

EDIT: Hang on, I might be thinking of the 0.1ct melee...:
https://betterthandiamond.com/products/Takara-small-melee-lab-diamonds.html

Yes, I did contact Takara a couple of days a go but they have yet to respond :(
Hopefully I will get a response soon, or I will just purchase from Brilliant Earth. Thank you for the help :D

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
Nice find! :))

E VS1 is a good place to be in MMDs, as even if the grading is a little 'soft', it should still have very little tint and be eye-clean :)

I swear that Takara had 0.3ct SuperIdeal stones but I can't find them now - could be worth dropping them a line!
https://betterthandiamond.com/produ...ara-Super-Ideal-Hearts-and-Arrows-Rounds.html

EDIT: Hang on, I might be thinking of the 0.1ct melee...:
https://betterthandiamond.com/products/Takara-small-melee-lab-diamonds.html

What do you guys think of these two stones for the sides?
1. https://www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=292660047
2. https://www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=292560000

Also, is the grading for GCAL different compared to IGI in terms of colour and clarity?

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of these two stones for the sides?
1. https://www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=292660047
2. https://www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=292560000

Also, is the grading for GCAL different compared to IGI in terms of colour and clarity?
I don’t love the second one!
Some people prefer GCAL to IGI and say they’re a more reliable lab. It’s also nice they include all those pictures on their certificates.
I don’t love the second diamond.
Have you found where to buy these diamonds?

hanaguri

Rough_Rock

Eellee44

Rough_Rock

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I didn’t like the second based on the image. Although this one seems closer to the first in size than the other gcal. Maybe contact brilliant earth and see whether you can get a photo or video of this one?

Good idea! I'll email them and see how it goes.

hanaguri

Rough_Rock
How did you go? Have you found any others?

I was thinking these two lab diamonds. Just waiting for some additional images/video. What do you think?

Attachments

• A50842C8-5A74-423B-86EE-BAF667BE19FB.png
    A50842C8-5A74-423B-86EE-BAF667BE19FB.png
    420 KB · Views: 53
  • D1811BEA-4D03-4E25-AB76-3CE8B8F061BC.png
    D1811BEA-4D03-4E25-AB76-3CE8B8F061BC.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 61
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results