shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this round brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marmi04

Rough_Rock
Happy Labor Day everybody!

Looking for your expert advice. This diamond has been quoted to me at $5100 from a B&M. Unfortunately, I do not have H&A or ASET to show, however I looked at the stone myself with an idealscope and was satisfied with what I saw (granted, with my amateur experience). Holloway cut advisor ranks this stone as a 2.3.

GIA Report Number: 2105431962

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.42 - 6.47 x 4.02 mm

Carat Weight: 1.03 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent

Proportions:
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 55%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (4.0%)
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

I HAVE noted that I could get a comporable stone from James Allen for $4700 (see below), so cost-wise I realize I could do better.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1203444.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

Thank you!
Mike

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slightly steep in the pavilion angle for that crown angle, but if the IS looks good to you, then that''s good.

Good luck. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond is bordering around what we call here " steep deep", this basically means due to the angle configuration light leakage is possible. However due to GIA rounding this diamond might not show leakage if the angles are actually shallower than rounding suggests so as you have seen it in person and like it, and also checked it out with IS then thats fine.

The diamond from JA has potential but if you are seriously interested again an IS image would be helpful due to the angle combo.

marmi04

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, thanks for the input. Although I was happy with the H&A image, I was concerned with not having an ASET image to evaluate leakage (which was downplayed by the seller, btw). I presume that the ASET would show if this ''steep deep'' leaks too much.

Thanks again.
Mike

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no difference with respect to leakage viewing between ASET and IS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results