shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this Asscher (Hey Strmrdr, HELP!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Long time reader, first time poster.

What you all think of this asscher? The attached pic is the only pic I have yet...

A little over a carat
Color G
Clarity: IF
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG

Thanks!!

asscher987564564894984asd.JPG

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Forgot to include this:

Table: 64%
Depth: 68.7%

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2010 2:01:09 PM
Author:Master_Chief
Long time reader, first time poster.

What you all think of this asscher? The attached pic is the only pic I have yet...

A little over a carat
Color G
Clarity: IF
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG

Thanks!!
Hi Master Chief and welcome!

Karl will probably be along later, in the meantime can you get the crown height of this diamond for him please and also an ASET image if possible? The vendor might be able to supply this info on request. It looks very promising from the photo but an ASET image will tell us more.

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
I''d call the vendor and ask to have the stone placed on hold. Beatiful patterning to my eyes and bet the light return is good based on the photo.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/5/2010 2:46:20 PM
Author: JoeNewbie11
I''d call the vendor and ask to have the stone placed on hold. Beatiful patterning to my eyes and bet the light return is good based on the photo.
ditto

looks good so far.
See if you can get an aset pic, if not see if you can get a picture or 3 with the stone sitting in the V between someones fingers.
Also see if they can run a sarin scan and get the crown height.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help! So I called the place and the diamond is on “hold”. However, they said that their Sarin machine is broken as well as their camera. Should I run for the hills? They also said I could arrange a telephone conference with their gemologist while he/she is inspecting the stone. Advice?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2010 9:49:32 AM
Author: Master_Chief
Thanks for all the help! So I called the place and the diamond is on “hold”. However, they said that their Sarin machine is broken as well as their camera. Should I run for the hills? They also said I could arrange a telephone conference with their gemologist while he/she is inspecting the stone. Advice?
When do they anticipate they can provide images again? I take it the diamond is with one of the online vendors that can normally supply images etc? I think it looks like a nice asscher and if they can get the info needed say by the end of the week it might be worth waiting for.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Yep. They said two to three weeks on the sarin machine. I don’t know about the camera (you would think that they would just go buy another camera considering the business that they’re in but whatever..)
The tricky part is that I can’t wait two or three weeks (what can I say, I’m a procrastinator ;-). On a positive note, this isn’t the only stone I’m considering. I’m working with a local jeweler plus two other jewelers that I found reading pricescope forums. I’m hoping to buy a stone by the end of the week.......

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whats the return policy?

Then again if your on a tight time schedule you don''t have time to mess around with returning it.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Great return policy, 30 day money back guarantee.....but you nailed it on the head Karl, I don’t have enough time to return it and get another one if I’m not satisfied.

Well, I just got a call from them (they’re stalking me on pricescope!! Haha, jk ;-) and they’re looking into the camera problem so they might be able to send some more.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2010 11:04:04 AM
Great return policy, 30 day money back guarantee.....but you nailed it on the head Karl, I don’t have enough time to return it and get another one if I’m not satisfied.

Well, I just got a call from them (they’re stalking me on pricescope!! Haha, jk ;-) and they’re looking into the camera problem so they might be able to send some more.
Sounds hopeful, glad they are going out of their way to accomodate you - kudos to them!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about having this one and any other real contenders sent to you or a local independent appraiser? Or having them sent to a PS apprasier who can help you pick? All that could probably be handled in a relatively short period of time and then the one you want would be set while the others are returned.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Dreamer, I have considered that and probably would have done so if I had more time and didn’t wait to the last minute. Thanks for the input, much appreciated (and everyone else who has commented my posting. Thank you all!!)

So, I went to my local jeweler and they had an awesome stone for me to view!! It was a 1.08 F SI1 VG VG with no fluorescence, table: 56% and depth: 69.3. Obviously, my first concern is the SI1. Upon inspection, the pinpoint is on the side of the stone and it is eye clean. I got them to run a sarin report and it has a crown height of 16.7%. It ''spoke to me'' as you pricesopers say. A very nice stone indeed.....oh decisions, decisions......

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2010 2:01:49 PM
Dreamer, I have considered that and probably would have done so if I had more time and didn’t wait to the last minute. Thanks for the input, much appreciated (and everyone else who has commented my posting. Thank you all!!)

So, I went to my local jeweler and they had an awesome stone for me to view!! It was a 1.08 F SI1 VG VG with no fluorescence, table: 56% and depth: 69.3. Obviously, my first concern is the SI1. Upon inspection, the pinpoint is on the side of the stone and it is eye clean. I got them to run a sarin report and it has a crown height of 16.7%. It ''spoke to me'' as you pricesopers say. A very nice stone indeed.....oh decisions, decisions......
sounds sweet if it is really eyeclean
be sure and view it in all different kinds of lighting.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Will do. I hope to go back tomorrow or Thursday and take some pics. I tried to take a few with my iphone but that didn’t work out to well (someone should make an app for that!! Lol).

Based on everything that I’ve read on pricescope, those dimensions fall within the ideal ranges, right? (talking about the 1.08 F)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yes 56t/69.3/16.7 are good numbers.
More important you love it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if the price is good on the stone you have seen, and they have a good return policy, then it might be a winner! With inclusions, I have found they are more evident in low indirect light -- in the shade outside, or in a room with low difficuse lighting. In those conditions there is less light return from the facets and so more opportunity for the actual diamond body color and inclusions to show. So check it in those conditions to make sure it is eye clean to your standards. Perhaps at home loose so you can really test drive it *if* they have a good return policy in writing.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Ok, I have another contender. It is a 1.00 carat F VS1 VG, EX, with no fluorescence, table: 62%, depth: 69.1%. I’m waiting on a sarin report. See pics below. I have not seen this stone in person (the jeweler is located several states away). Thoughts?

01asscher6548942.jpg

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
See pic below: It is a 1.00 carat F VS1 VG, EX, with no fluorescence, table: 62%, depth: 69.1%.

02asscher65465454848.jpg

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
See pic below. It is a 1.00 carat F VS1 VG, EX, with no fluorescence, table: 62%, depth: 69.1%.

03asscher6545615487.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2010 6:41:16 PM
See pic below. It is a 1.00 carat F VS1 VG, EX, with no fluorescence, table: 62%, depth: 69.1%.
looks good so far

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 6:40:01 PM
Ok, I have another contender. It is a 1.00 carat F VS1 VG, EX, with no fluorescence, table: 62%, depth: 69.1%. I’m waiting on a sarin report. See pics below. I have not seen this stone in person (the jeweler is located several states away). Thoughts?
The pics of this one look awesome! Love the super small table and the face pattern.

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Well I took the plunge!! I ended up with that last rock, the 1.00 F VS1. Jan at DBOF gave me a great deal!! I really choose this one because even the though the 1.08 SI1 was eye clean, I really wanted a VS2 or better. Plus, Jan went on and on how few asscher she''s ever seen performed this well in the Gemex BrillianceScope (I know some think it''s hocus pocus). It even performed better than one her Royal Asscher''s!!! I''m having her mount it in a platinum Tiffany style solitaire setting. I''ll post pics as soon as I can.

Here''s the Gemex report #DB100VS1F2530 (which can be seen @ www.gemex.com)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks super, congratulations!!!

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei!! I''m sure it''s everything it''s promised to be but I still have butterflies in stomach for buying an asscher site unseen. I should have it by this Friday.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2010 3:07:48 PM
Thanks Lorelei!! I''m sure it''s everything it''s promised to be but I still have butterflies in stomach for buying an asscher site unseen. I should have it by this Friday.
I am sure it will be fine, I remember a spectacular Royal Asscher sold by DBOF a few years back so they have had some '' kicken'' stones in the past to quote Sir Karl!! Let us know what you think when you see it!!!

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
I just hope my stone will be ''kicken''..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2010 3:47:52 PM
I just hope my stone will be ''kicken''..
I am sure it will be and way kewl even!!!
emthup.gif

Master_Chief

Rough_Rock
IT''S ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01asscherring65489485.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results