shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this 4 carat cushion, please.

knl03

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for upgrade to ering, and have decided on lab grown. I want an elongated cushion, 4ish carat, very clean and brilliant. Found this one on BE which I think looks pretty in the video. But should I be concerned where it says clouds throughout the pavilion on the report?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That one may be an undisclosed blue nuance, which is typically only found in diamonds grown with the HPHT method when boron is utilized, resulting in a Type IIb diamond.

There are more non-Type IIb HPHT diamonds than there are Type IIb, so I suggest that you keep looking...unless you specifically want the IIb look, which (based on past threads with pictures here at PS) can range from a light blue "angel eye" ring effect to an overall steely-blue appearance. Those that love the effect absolutely seem love it, while those that do not absolutely seem to despise it.
There seems to be very few folks that are in-between/indifferent to it.

Here are a couple of posts/threads to look over:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for upgrade to ering, and have decided on lab grown. I want an elongated cushion, 4ish carat, very clean and brilliant. Found this one on BE which I think looks pretty in the video. But should I be concerned where it says clouds throughout the pavilion on the report?

I don't see any spots where it looks hazy, so as far as I can see, no concern needed but I'm far from an expert.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Did I read the price correctly???????????

A vendor on Rare Carat has the same stone listed for $56,148... USD... I think as I didn't see a currency converter... o_O

I think it's a nice looking stone but at that price point, it could also be worth approaching a vendor and seeing if they can source something for you. I think a 4ct, elongated cushion that isn't crushed ice is a rare thing to find online currently so if price isn't an object, why not? The closest James Allen has is this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/4.08-carat-d-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-11416101

You do get a free ring with it tho :D

knl03

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help, everyone. Overall consensus seems to be, keep looking! LOL

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
super ideal?

Actually- the term refers to a specific type of Round Brilliant cut Diamond.
Many websites misuse the term ( I'm not specifically speaking of any website) but the term is only applicable to Round Brilliant Cut diamonds, meeting certain parameters.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Actually- the term refers to a specific type of Round Brilliant cut Diamond.
Many websites misuse the term ( I'm not specifically speaking of any website) but the term is only applicable to Round Brilliant Cut diamonds, meeting certain parameters.

Noted! Thanks. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results