shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on the bowtie on this Radiant Diamond

h3nG

Rough_Rock
Does the bowtie effect on this radiant diamond fall within acceptable standards?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As @Garry H (Cut Nut) said above, I dont consider this a bow tie. Bow ties are black and either dont turn white (turn on) or just stay black for
far too long.

I checked JA to see if they had anything else in your range and this stone does look to be one of the nicest.

BN has one that may be worth a look

h3nG

Rough_Rock
@Garry H (Cut Nut) and @tyty333 : Really appreciate your input. I am getting closer to narrowing down my options. Thanks!

Update: Spoke too soon, someone else bought the stone on JA...

Last edited:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut) and @tyty333 : Really appreciate your input. I am getting closer to narrowing down my options. Thanks!

Update: Spoke too soon, someone else bought the stone on JA...

MESSAGE: when posting a stone here there are hundreds of thousands of lurkers visiting every month.
PUT STONES ON HOLD

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, sorry to hear that...next time you post please put it on hold first just in case.

I did post one from BN that I thought was comparable.

h3nG

Rough_Rock
@Garry H (Cut Nut) Thanks. Lesson learned. I just put a hold on this one and would like the help of experts here.

Lower color grade but higher clarity. Clarity isn't a big deal for me since I think VS2 is eye clean already. I am hoping H is sufficient, as I plan to pair it with a platinum pave setting. The scintillation is not as nice as the JA one earlier, but better than most on the site. But the price point is lower by 10%. ASET below. Not an expert, but it seems pretty good as far as radiants go?

@tyty333 Thanks for the recommendations! The BN is on my list also, but I am having a hard time finding a setting from BN that I like, but a really nice stone may persuade me. Will probably look at one or two more before pulling the trigger.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.11.33 PM.png

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Others I like, just for consideration purposes:

(note I can't see prices on either of the other two, so I don't know what your budget is)

h3nG

Rough_Rock
@kb1gra Thanks! I really like the 1.86. Unfortunately it's a little more than I would like to pay. The 1.52 I posted is around $8500, which is $1K higher than the one you included...hm...Hard call, I like the price of the 1.51 ct but there seems to be less sparkle and more leakage or am I missing something?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
@kb1gra Thanks! I really like the 1.86. Unfortunately it's a little more than I would like to pay. The 1.52 I posted is around $8500, which is $1K higher than the one you included...hm...Hard call, I like the price of the 1.51 ct but there seems to be less sparkle and more leakage or am I missing something?

It's a little bit of an interpretive question.

I have a feeling that, laterally on the hand, the 1.51 would look very nice, and the angled rotating video isn't as flattering. I find the vertical videos to be more true on radiants.

h3nG

Rough_Rock
As @Garry H (Cut Nut) said above, I dont consider this a bow tie. Bow ties are black and either dont turn white (turn on) or just stay black for
far too long.

I checked JA to see if they had anything else in your range and this stone does look to be one of the nicest.

BN has one that may be worth a look

@tyty333 (or others) I noticed there's an inclusion in the center of the diamond. Do you think this will be eye clean?

Also - How would you rate that against this? I kinda like the the long rectangular shape. Do you think the dark crystal will be eye clean? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results