shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on the bowtie on this Radiant Diamond

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As @Garry H (Cut Nut) said above, I dont consider this a bow tie. Bow ties are black and either dont turn white (turn on) or just stay black for
far too long.

I checked JA to see if they had anything else in your range and this stone does look to be one of the nicest.

BN has one that may be worth a look

h3nG

Rough_Rock
@Garry H (Cut Nut) and @tyty333 : Really appreciate your input. I am getting closer to narrowing down my options. Thanks!

Update: Spoke too soon, someone else bought the stone on JA...

Last edited:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut) and @tyty333 : Really appreciate your input. I am getting closer to narrowing down my options. Thanks!

Update: Spoke too soon, someone else bought the stone on JA...
MESSAGE: when posting a stone here there are hundreds of thousands of lurkers visiting every month.
PUT STONES ON HOLD

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, sorry to hear that...next time you post please put it on hold first just in case.

I did post one from BN that I thought was comparable.

h3nG

Rough_Rock
@Garry H (Cut Nut) Thanks. Lesson learned. I just put a hold on this one and would like the help of experts here.

Lower color grade but higher clarity. Clarity isn't a big deal for me since I think VS2 is eye clean already. I am hoping H is sufficient, as I plan to pair it with a platinum pave setting. The scintillation is not as nice as the JA one earlier, but better than most on the site. But the price point is lower by 10%. ASET below. Not an expert, but it seems pretty good as far as radiants go?

@tyty333 Thanks for the recommendations! The BN is on my list also, but I am having a hard time finding a setting from BN that I like, but a really nice stone may persuade me. Will probably look at one or two more before pulling the trigger.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.11.33 PM.png

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Others I like, just for consideration purposes:

(note I can't see prices on either of the other two, so I don't know what your budget is)

h3nG

Rough_Rock
@kb1gra Thanks! I really like the 1.86. Unfortunately it's a little more than I would like to pay. The 1.52 I posted is around $8500, which is $1K higher than the one you included...hm...Hard call, I like the price of the 1.51 ct but there seems to be less sparkle and more leakage or am I missing something?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
@kb1gra Thanks! I really like the 1.86. Unfortunately it's a little more than I would like to pay. The 1.52 I posted is around $8500, which is $1K higher than the one you included...hm...Hard call, I like the price of the 1.51 ct but there seems to be less sparkle and more leakage or am I missing something?
It's a little bit of an interpretive question.

I have a feeling that, laterally on the hand, the 1.51 would look very nice, and the angled rotating video isn't as flattering. I find the vertical videos to be more true on radiants.

h3nG

Rough_Rock
As @Garry H (Cut Nut) said above, I dont consider this a bow tie. Bow ties are black and either dont turn white (turn on) or just stay black for
far too long.

I checked JA to see if they had anything else in your range and this stone does look to be one of the nicest.

BN has one that may be worth a look
@tyty333 (or others) I noticed there's an inclusion in the center of the diamond. Do you think this will be eye clean?

Also - How would you rate that against this? I kinda like the the long rectangular shape. Do you think the dark crystal will be eye clean? Thanks!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.