shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on stone and appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Johnny

Rough_Rock
Radiant cut 2.59 c
F, SI-1, depth 68%, table 71%, good symmetry and polish, no flourescence, no cutlet 9.29mm x 6.77mm x 4.69mm
price 16kIs this stone worth ordering to see if we like it? We live in the Kansas City area and would appreciate recommended appraiser in this area. On the other hand is it a reasonable idea to have stone sent directly from the company we order it from to an appraiser, even one outside of K.C., versus sent to us directly?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many internet vendors will sned an unpaid for diamond to us for independent evaluation for a retail consumer. The consumer pays the shipping and for any appraisal work.You can see our fees for internet appraising at www.gemappraisers.com. We can do comparison type work on multiple stones at a somewhat reduced cost, too.Very glad to work with you if the right stone comes along.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Johnny, Rockdoc does this you don't pay for anything until you get the report. The other two appraisers are daveatlas and Joebacon. All three post here so they will respond, eventually.

Johnny

Rough_Rock
Rockdoc,
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that this stone is GIA certified. I also have a few others I have seen that I like. My wife likes a more oblong vs. square shape with a length to width ratio of at least 1.25 and prefers closer to 1.35. What is the nuts and bolts of using you for an appraisal? Stone sent directly to you? More than one stone at a time? Charge for service? Do you get compensation from the brokers/diamond sellors or are you independent? Do we run into a time frame problem with internet sellers that have only 7 day return policy? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results