shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on sapphire ring

vik84

Rough_Rock
Hi, just won this 3ct+ Burmese sapphire ring in an auction. Origin and no treatment has been verified by AGL. 64 diamonds - total weight about 1.35cts G/H color VS/SI clarity, 18K white gold.

It's my first purchase of an actual jewelry piece rather than a loose stone. Your opinions were very helpful in https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ceylon-sapphire-help.243973/ when I was debating a Ceylon sapphire. Wanted to get your opinions on the ring too, let me know what you all think. Thanks !!

1_cropped.png 2_cropped.png

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! The color seems to be a really nice medium blue and the diamonds look bright. There is a small window, but depending on the price, you might not mind? Care to share if it was an amazing steal or a heated auction battle?

vik84

Rough_Rock
Wasn't too concerned about the window, I particularly liked the color and the round cut. The final price was exactly my internal ceiling for this lot. Had a little bit of competition but fortunately it didn't get too crazy.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I'd be curious to know what a Burmese that size cost too; if you care to share. More for just knowledge. :)

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty ring! And a good size sapphire, too! Congratulations!

vik84

Rough_Rock
Very pretty! I'd be curious to know what a Burmese that size cost too; if you care to share. More for just knowledge. :)

Generally finding it harder to come by untreated Burmese material in the 3ct+ range, think I paid a fair market price, let's leave it at that. Check out the winter auction results at Sothebys and Christies, that may give a general idea..

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's really pretty, congrats!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! The setting is beautiful too. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results