shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Quality/Price of Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loren

Rough_Rock
Hi again everyone. Still looking for a diamond for the engagement ring. Lots of looking over the past few months. I posted a thread once before about which stone to choose and many felt I was going with a too high quality stone and that I should either increase the size or buy a pair of earrings with a cheaper diamond. I looked and tried but I don''t like the larger stones and she doesn''t really want a big stone (and wouldn''t wear diamond earrings). I could just buy a cheaper diamond and spend the rest of the money on something else but I think that this is the one thing from a wedding that is permanent. So...I''m still looking at IF stones with D color. I know there will be some haters out there...but that aside. What do you think about this one.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&track=btntext_viewselect&elem=img&pid=LD01180015&filter_id=0

I''ve look at good old gold, James Allen, and whiteflash...they couldn''t find me a 1-1.25carat round D color IF for a better price per carat. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Loren

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks promising by the numbers, an Idealscope is always good to confirm, but I don''t think BN offer such services. Check the strong blue fluorescence doesn''t have a negative affect on the diamond ( rare but worth checking.)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are fairly safe numbers, I think it''s worth bringing home and having an independant appraiser take a look. (provided the flo report is ok)

Loren

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick reply.....good point about the fluorescence. How would I check...do I just ask them to take a look at it or should I just look at it myself after it comes?

Loren

Loren

Rough_Rock
Appraiser...hmmm. Should I have this done? If so, how do I find a good one...I live in the Cleveland area of Ohio. How much does it usually cost? If I get it set first will they still be able to appraise it? Thanks again.

Loren

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you can ask them to look at it. But I''d still check it out when you get it home.
28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 1:30:24 PM
Author: Loren
Appraiser...hmmm. Should I have this done? If so, how do I find a good one...I live in the Cleveland area of Ohio. How much does it usually cost? If I get it set first will they still be able to appraise it? Thanks again.

Loren
You can still have it appraised set, but a loose stone will get a more thorough report, simply because it's easier to work with, no prongs and such in the way. But it's still doable. I would definitely recommend it, since BN doesn't give much info on their stones.

Prices vary according to locations, and how thorough they are. An average might be in the $125 range, but it's money well spent, no matter what it costs.
2.gif

Here's a list in OH.

http://www.pricescope.com/appraisers_OH.aspx

Loren

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen...I definitely will.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Sounds like a gorgeous stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results