shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on OEC or RB in a rose gold BGD Tiffany style

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I saw a post on here the other day with a rose gold shank and white gold head in a BGD grace setting.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-love-my-pink-grace-ring.137719/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-love-my-pink-grace-ring.137719/[/URL]
I really loved it and think it's the direction I want to go (mixed metal with a pale rose gold). I had been thinking about a Brian Gavin blue however I then came across the August Vintage Rounds by GOG and think I prefer this stone to RBs. I quite like lower colour stones so I think perhaps the OEC is a better idea as I am quite happy with a M colour grade or thereabouts and it may look like it belongs more in an OEC, is that right? Plus I love the sound of pastel throws of colour and have always been a fan of jewellery with a vintage edge.
This leads me to my next question, would an AVR look a bit off in one of the BGD Tiffany settings in rose gold with a white gold head? My concern with the tapered is perhaps there is too much going on with an OEC and mixed metal. However with only a .7 carat budget I am wondering if the 2mm half round is too weighty. Any thoughts about what would be the best combination would be appreciated.

http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/tapered-tiffany-style-half-round-18k-white-gold-5540w18

http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-tiffany-style-half-round-18k-white-gold-5478w18

One more point, the lady with the mixed metal grace stated hers was 14k rose gold as the colour is more of a pink gold (100% what I want), the two Tiffany styles I like are 18k and I am not sure how flexible they are and if they would allow me to request 14k. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Hi Shellcm,

I think the tapered setting would look a lot more elegant on the hand, and would lend itself to an AVC beautifully. My ring is from BGD and I asked them to make it in 14kRG specially because, like you, I prefer the pinkier look of 14k over 18k.

I don't think an AVC would look off at all in a two tone setting, I don't really notice the colour of the head on my ring as it reflects the pinky hues of the band.

Personally I would go for the Tapered style, in 14kRG with an AVC. I think it would look spectacular, but it's YOU that has to be convinced.

Best thing to do is to email BGD (I dealt with Jamie who is the most helpful person on the planet) and simply ask them about the metal, I had no problem requesting 14k instead of 18k.
BGD are great to work with, I'm in the UK and I never felt nervous about my decision on something I couldn't see, I've dealt with them since then as well and they are fantastic.

HTHs in some way.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, I have been emailing a little with Katie and asked her about rose gold mixes and don't have a reply yet, I thought maybe it wasn't possible so that's why I didn't have an answer!
Relieved someone else likes what I like!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends how low the colour of the AVR is and the tint and undertone to it and what you are trying to achieve, what I mean by this is setting a low coloured stone into a white head with a RG band is going to make a lot of mid to lower coloured stones look more tinted. It will make them contrast more. Which might be what you are trying to achieve, but if you are trying to hide their colour it might do the opposite depending upon the stone.

I have an L set in Platinum and it looks O.K so it really depends upon the stone. If you end up with a stone with a bit of a pink tint a rose gold head for example might actually flatter the stone more than a white gold one will, a yellow one might look more yellow, so you probably have to consider the actual undertone colour of the stone you buy....

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love BGD, but it might simplify things to ask GOG if they have a similar setting so that you can do a one stop shop and not have to worry about shipping the diamond to BGD or shipping the setting to GOG,

Have you asked GOG to send pictures of the diamond in a white gold head versus a rose gold head? Also ask them to describe the undertones they see in the diamond...

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There's no reason that OEC faceting won't work with a Tiffany type setting. Or a two-tone mounting. Or even a "stark" contemporary style mounting. Here's my 6.3mm OEC in a 6 prong Tiffany head, on left. It's an actual OEC, not an AVR.
IG.jpg

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock
About the 14k rose gold. I requested it at BGD and they did it. I asked them if it could be done since I wanted a more pink gold. They agreed that the 18k was more "buttery" and less pink. I have another 14k rose gold ring and BGD is a tad more pink than it is, and I LOVE it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results