shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Marquise

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3070.jpg So I went to one of my favorite jewelers to get a few gemstone tested. And he showed me a new piece Bc he knows I've been lusting after a marquise. Would welcome opinions. It's is a 1.5 Certified ( I didn't ask which cert Bc I was in a hurry) SI 1 clarity. The setting is platinum and he is asking 5500.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I seen carbon inclusions at the tips? How’s the bowtie

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW - me likely :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Austina lol!

Nala, no expert here and the pic is a bit far away but I like what I’m seeing - and that price seems good to me, that’s a large diamond and it’s a platinum setting. There’s a J SI 1 1.5 marquise on JA for $6200 (you didn’t mention color, but just to give an idea) - although I guess it’s not an accurate comparision unless this diamond is GIA graded.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Austina lol!

Nala, no expert here and the pic is a bit far away but I like what I’m seeing - and that price seems good to me, that’s a large diamond and it’s a platinum setting. There’s a J SI 1 1.5 marquise on JA for $6200 (you didn’t mention color, but just to give an idea) - although I guess it’s not an accurate comparision unless this diamond is GIA graded.
It’s an I color. You are right. I need to confirm the certificate but yesterday was hectic. Bc the I color seems generous. My diamond is a K and it looks like a K to me. Will do my research!

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I seen carbon inclusions at the tips? How’s the bowtie
No carbon inclusions and will focus on bowtie when I see it again.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s an I color. You are right. I need to confirm the certificate but yesterday was hectic. Bc the I color seems generous. My diamond is a K and it looks like a K to me. Will do my research!
Turns out I have a GIA I color! Not a k. But it turns out this ring has EGL certificate so I passed on it.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your stone is a k, that marquise is easily a k. It is beautiful, though (from the pic). Jealous that you find such nice pieces. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results