shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on diamond studs

bluewave21

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I wanted opinions on diamond stud quality and size. I am looking into purchasing lab-grown diamond studs, around 2ct each, trying to stay within a budget of about $7500. Is it worth it to pay more for an I compared to a J? Does SI1 or 2 really matter for earrings or is it better to stay in the VS range? And lastly, should I spring for the larger pair—the 2.5+ct each—or is that too over the top? I’m looking to wear these on a daily basis but I like large diamonds. (Who doesn’t?) I want to buy one pair and not be tempted to upgrade in the future.

These are examples of options from Rarecarat.
Thanks in advance!
E806BFE1-5E1A-49ED-A535-5882BF3D6657.jpeg 75516B68-E8D5-4007-ACCD-D9DEBE8A0D3E.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @bluewave21

We have a lab grown diamond forum here. I've requested that your thread be moved.

But in the mean time...

I or J color?
Since these are not top-tier labs like GIA I would stick with the "I" s if it fits in your budget. That way in the future hopefully you will not
feel the desire to upgrade due to color.

Clarity?
I would probably stick with eye-clean SI1 stones. Keeps cost down some but you wont see anything. You could go for SI2s to keep cost
lower but then the clarity may bug you in the future and you may want to upgrade.

Here is the relative size difference between a 2 carat and a 2.5 carat stone
Capture.PNG

Since you dont want to upgrade in the future I would err on the side of getting the best you can the first time around.
For size, you can also order some CZs (or whatever they are) to see the size difference and try them out.
These come in both 4 carat and 5 carat.

bluewave21

Rough_Rock
Hi @bluewave21

We have a lab grown diamond forum here. I've requested that your thread be moved.

But in the mean time...

I or J color?
Since these are not top-tier labs like GIA I would stick with the "I" s if it fits in your budget. That way in the future hopefully you will not
feel the desire to upgrade due to color.

Clarity?
I would probably stick with eye-clean SI1 stones. Keeps cost down some but you wont see anything. You could go for SI2s to keep cost
lower but then the clarity may bug you in the future and you may want to upgrade.

Here is the relative size difference between a 2 carat and a 2.5 carat stone
Capture.PNG

Since you dont want to upgrade in the future I would err on the side of getting the best you can the first time around.
For size, you can also order some CZs (or whatever they are) to see the size difference and try them out.
These come in both 4 carat and 5 carat.

Thank you for your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results