shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond Needed! Table on Diamond is 78%...

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Kbugs5, Sep 11, 2019 at 3:16 PM.

1. Kbugs5
    Rough_Rock

by Kbugs5 » Sep 11, 2019 at 3:16 PM
    I found a Diamond that looks pretty good in all aspects except for the Table percentage which is at 78% and from what I have read its not ideal an should be less than 75%. Since its the only issue should I still get this Diamond? I put the GIA# below I would really appreciate any opinion. Thank you!

GIA REPORT NUMBER

2. Kbugs5
    Rough_Rock

by Kbugs5 » Sep 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM

3. whitewave
    Ideal_Rock

4. Kbugs5
    Rough_Rock

by Kbugs5 » Sep 11, 2019 at 4:16 PM
    Thank you Whitewave for posting that. Was having a hard time uploading. :0)

5. AV_
    Ideal_Rock

by AV_ » Sep 11, 2019 at 4:21 PM
    If the stone is bright, I would accept the number.

6. Kbugs5
    Rough_Rock

by Kbugs5 » Sep 11, 2019 at 4:32 PM
    Thanks AV for the comment! I did see it and it looks pretty bright to me. Granted I am no diamond expert and don't need a perfect diamond but want to make sure this one is good cause of the depth and the dimensions of the diamond. One of the big things that attracted me to it is that it has only one pinpoint inclusion and the dimension is so much bigger than I have seen for many 1 carat diamonds so I was skeptical. :0)

AV_ likes this.
  7. AV_
    Ideal_Rock

by AV_ » Sep 11, 2019 at 4:44 PM
    VVS2 is impeccable, of course!

There isn't much more I can say... I could look for a competing option online, if you care for it. It is a ... sport.

MK Malone likes this.
  8. Kbugs5
    Rough_Rock

by Kbugs5 » Sep 11, 2019 at 4:48 PM
    Sure why not I am interested to see what one that relates to this one costs. Might be hard to find one with such big dimensions compared to normal 1 cart diamonds but if you find something I am always willing to look and compare. Thank you!

AV_ likes this.
  9. AV_
    Ideal_Rock

by AV_ » Sep 11, 2019 at 5:52 PM
    I expect princess cuts with higher crowns to have a better chance of being bright, with some exceptions - few flat crowned ones with still convincing brightness (play of white & a few black mirror reflections throughout, over a 60 degree turn or so), like this:

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12582986

It is smaller, but then, they all are. A 1.1 cts comes close, but the grades are high www .

If I were to only care for brightness & cut & play of light, I would choose another example yet! The deep & high crowned that seem best from this point of view, tend to be small for their weight: www this is not the smallest! ,(

2c

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:06 PM