shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond Needed! Table on Diamond is 78%...

Kbugs5

Rough_Rock
I found a Diamond that looks pretty good in all aspects except for the Table percentage which is at 78% and from what I have read its not ideal an should be less than 75%. Since its the only issue should I still get this Diamond? I put the GIA# below I would really appreciate any opinion. Thank you!

GIA REPORT NUMBER

Kbugs5

Rough_Rock
I found a Diamond that looks pretty good in all aspects except for the Table percentage which is at 78% and from what I have read its not ideal an should be less than 75%. Since its the only issue should I still get this Diamond? I put the GIA# below I would really appreciate any opinion. Thank you!

Sorry forgot to mention this is a princess cut!

GIA REPORT NUMBER

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CE7B59A9-2469-42B4-8333-8955A8E9ADB4.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
If the stone is bright, I would accept the number.

Kbugs5

Rough_Rock
If the stone is bright, I would accept the number.

Thanks AV for the comment! I did see it and it looks pretty bright to me. Granted I am no diamond expert and don't need a perfect diamond but want to make sure this one is good cause of the depth and the dimensions of the diamond. One of the big things that attracted me to it is that it has only one pinpoint inclusion and the dimension is so much bigger than I have seen for many 1 carat diamonds so I was skeptical. :0)

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
VVS2 is impeccable, of course!

There isn't much more I can say... I could look for a competing option online, if you care for it. It is a ... sport.

Kbugs5

Rough_Rock
Sure why not I am interested to see what one that relates to this one costs. Might be hard to find one with such big dimensions compared to normal 1 cart diamonds but if you find something I am always willing to look and compare. Thank you!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I expect princess cuts with higher crowns to have a better chance of being bright, with some exceptions - few flat crowned ones with still convincing brightness (play of white & a few black mirror reflections throughout, over a 60 degree turn or so), like this:

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12582986

It is smaller, but then, they all are. A 1.1 cts comes close, but the grades are high www .

If I were to only care for brightness & cut & play of light, I would choose another example yet! The deep & high crowned that seem best from this point of view, tend to be small for their weight: www this is not the smallest! ,(

2c

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results