shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion on 3ct lab for first time buyer

bozhang

Rough_Rock
hello all, after doing research I settled on this one for 7.5k, has a return policy if it turns out bad. GIA graded. What do you think?

I used up the 3 hca tools for some others before I could check this one but cut looks ok.

LABORATORY-GROWN DIAMOND REPORT

LABORATORY-GROWN DIAMOND SPECIFICATION*​

Shape And Cutting StyleRound Brilliant
Measurements9.35 - 9.40 x 5.76 mm
Carat Weight3.10 carat
ColorG
ClarityVVS2
CutExcellent

PROPORTIONS​

Depth61.4%
Table56%
Crown Angle34.0°
Crown Height15.0%
Pavilion Angle40.8°
Pavilion Depth43.0%
Star Length50%
Lower Half80%
GirdleMedium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
CuletNone

FINISH​

PolishExcellent
SymmetryExcellent

FLUORESCENCE​

FluorescenceNone

CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS​

Clarity CharacteristicsGrowth Remnant, Growth Remnant
Key To Symbols
Cloud.jpg
Growth Remnant
Pinpoint.jpg
Growth Remnant

COMMENTS​

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, bozhang!
Do you have a link to pictures or video of your diamond so that we can check tint, inclusions, symmetry, etc?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks well cut, but it seems to have many striation lines.

Would you consider any of these which appear to have much less striation? They also have GCAL 8x reports, so they've already been evaluated as having superior proportions and light performance.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks well cut, but it seems to have many striation lines.

Would you consider any of these which appear to have much less striation? They also have GCAL 8x reports, so they've already been evaluated as having superior proportions and light performance.

What are striation lines? I can't see what you are referring to on the video the OP posted of that first stone. Are you referring to the "growth remnants" on the cert.?

bozhang

Rough_Rock
What are striation lines? I can't see what you are referring to on the video the OP posted of that first stone. Are you referring to the "growth remnants" on the cert.?

i think its the faint vertical lines you see on some of the facets at certain angle, i do see it after it was pointed out. not sure if its visible in person or how it affects performance. I might end up returning it

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think its the faint vertical lines you see on some of the facets at certain angle, i do see it after it was pointed out. not sure if its visible in person or how it affects performance. I might end up returning it

Yes, those faint lines on the facets are what I'm referring to and what GIA calls growth remnants.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
"Internal Graining" ...striation education...Thanks to Jon at Distinctive Gem! According to Jon all CVD type have internal graining it all depends on to what extent as to how it will affect the optics. He has CVD type that he has specialty picked on his website: Here is a video of how it can affect optics

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
The picture above from that YT video is actually a picture of internal graining (striation) that is NOT affecting the optics of that diamond. He is using some type of filter to see the graining. Interesting. Watch the video to see what graining looks like that affects only the scintillation of the diamond. You have to decide if it's a big enough deal to you that you are willing to pay the higher prices he gets for his selected stones. It does not affect the diamonds performance in regular daylight but only in spot lighting.

Also I don't think the growth remnants are the same as graining. They are more like inclusions that are seen with a loupe and the naked eye.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture above from that YT video is actually a picture of internal graining (striation) that is NOT affecting the optics of that diamond. He is using some type of filter to see the graining. Interesting. Watch the video to see what graining looks like that affects only the scintillation of the diamond. You have to decide if it's a big enough deal to you that you are willing to pay the higher prices he gets for his selected stones. It does not affect the diamonds performance in regular daylight but only in spot lighting.

Also I don't think the growth remnants are the same as graining. They are more like inclusions that are seen with a loupe and the naked eye.

Oops, you're right. I was only referring to internal graining then.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results