shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion needed on a radiant cut diamond please!!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I don't know anything about a radiant cut quality. But I love them. They remind me of old Hollywood glamour!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would need an ASET image to judge light leakage and the quality of the cut. In general though, I can tell you that this is not the preferred cushion cut on PS, most here opt for chunky cushions graded by AGS for light performance. You can see examples of those my searching "august vintage cushion".

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You would need an ASET image to judge light leakage and the quality of the cut. In general though, I can tell you that this is not the preferred cushion cut on PS, most here opt for chunky cushions graded by AGS for light performance. You can see examples of those my searching "august vintage cushion".

I agree with Asscherhalo's assessment of PS, and radiant cuts. But I would connect the use of ASET with the "generally held" opinion here.
ASET is just not the right tool when it comes to assessing Radiant Cuts for someone who is not very experienced in assessing the cut. What might seem like "mush" in a video, or ASET may be lively in person.
So if we use the methods we would for "chunky" on a "crushed ice" stone, it's just not going to work.

CTSparkle- as a member of the trade I can't comment on a specific stone- but in general- if someone has a stone on the way, I'd advise withholding judgment till it's in your hands- then judge for yourself.

CTsparkle13

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your thoughts. J just seems too low of a color for my taste.
I don't know about radiants, but I think that this stone has a lot of mushiness. Do you have the stone in hand, is it performing to your liking? From the video it seems to have a crushed ice look with small disorganized flashes, but there are areas under the table that don't seem to be turning on and off. Do you have an ASET?
Have you seen this other diamond at JA
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/1.50-carat-j-color-vs1-clarity-sku-2820699[/QUOTE

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results