shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion aquamarine/tsavorite/blue-green tourmaline

Mlunzer

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I would like to get a present for my wife. I would like to have the four birthstones of our family in a bezel setting as stacking rings. The stones should be round and between 5-7mm. The gems are amethyst (already bought), aquamarine, blue-green tourmaline and tsavorite. I found really nice contact to source the stones and to design the rings.

I am new in the gemstone world and need your opinion for the first selection. I would like to have nie color, saturation and cut. What do you think, should I replace any? Happy to get a lot of feedback regarding color, cut, windows...

Ciao Chris

__90.jpg

setting1_1.jpeg

setting1_2.jpeg

setting1_3.jpeg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Other than the amethyst, I can't say the others really stand out. Perhaps the photos are not great. I do notice that the middle blue stone (aqua?) looks either included or smudged. The left stone (tourmaline?) appears not perfectly round, but a setting may cover that.

My main concern would be how similar in color these stones are...there's not a lot of contrast or "pop" between them. That may be a positive or negative thing for your wife, but is something to be aware of.

Do you know what metal you are using for the settings?

Mlunzer

Rough_Rock
Hi, thx for your feedback. The left is a tourmaline, the middle the aqua and the right the tsavorite. The setting will be in white gold. The colors should be not a contrast, it should get from purple to blue, to blue-green and than to green. Green and blue are the favorite colors of my wife. Red, orange and yellow are least prefered.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since you are going to the effort of custom pieces, you can do a lot better than those three stones. They are not well cut, and they are dark but not very saturated. What is your budget for each stone? High quality tsavorites are very costly. What metal will the rings be made from?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3 stones are nice but rather ordinary looking (very muted). It is difficult to comment on quality without knowing the budget (could be fair for what you paid, a good deal, or overpriced). All the pictures are also not taken straight on (looking down the table), making it difficult to evaluate the cut properly.

Mlunzer

Rough_Rock
ok, thanks. I am looking for extraordinary AAA stones, not very muted ones. The stones are just an offer. I have no specific budget but the tourmaline is quoted 200, the aquamarine 300 and the tsavorite 750. The aqua should be blue or seafoam and the tourmaline blue/green (more into green). Pls see the picture of the logo for the color I am looking for the tourmaline. It must not be a 100% fit.

I searched the recommended PS dealers, but it is quite difficult to find round ones between 5mm-6mm... Any idea where to find some?

logo.png

Mlunzer

Rough_Rock
the stones should be in a bezel white gold setting. I attached an example. I found an additional pic, same stones just the aquamarine is different...

20161227_144136.jpg

20161227_144116.jpg

Mlunzer

Rough_Rock
sorry forgot the additional pic... butI fear it will not change the judgement. I would be happy to see alternatives... btw the bezel setting in the picture was not in white gold, but my wife prefers white gold. We will get it custom made. Ciao Christian.

three_stones.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A, AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is a general in-house grading. There is no uniform standard as to what each category represents.

http://www.customgemstones.com
Dan doesn't have what you want in stock at the moment but most of the stones he cuts are rounds and tends to be in the size that you are looking for. I would reach out to him to find out what he might have for you.

Mlunzer

Rough_Rock
thanks for the link. I just said AAA to say I would like high quality. I just now it from the rating agencies where AAA is the best quality. What can I say alternativly to express a very good cut, color and saturation?

Mlunzer

Rough_Rock
Hi thx for the feedback. I will look for alternatives which are more saturated and have more contrast just pink is a color my wife do not like. But I am discussing more red alternatives. I opened a new post to find a tourmaline. Ciao Christian

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results