shape
carat
color
clarity

online stores, Ebay...Good, Bad, Indifferent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to get some feedback on the challenges and good sites to do more research and also what should I look for in a site if I decide to buy a diamond online or even Ebay?
I have been hearing a lot about buying jewelry online and Ebay, any suggestions, thoughts, etc. to make sure that I don’t get burned?
Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
type in ebay in the search here and see what comes up. ebay is great for many things, diamonds/jewelry aren''t usually one of them. You''d be much better off buying from an online vendor with a good reputation and return policy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ve heard too many nightmare stories here about ebay, so PLEASE don''t buy diamonds there!

The two vendors on here with the largest amount of in stock high quality stones are Good Old Gold and WhiteFlash. Do a search and you''ll get hundreds and hundreds of recommendations for both. I prefer vendors with in-house stones because they provide magnified pictures of the stones and run other tests to verify the quality of the stones. Winfields has some nice stones as well, just not as many.

I read on here for months before we decided on a new diamond for our anniversary. I encourage you to learn about diamonds and you''ll make a more educated purchase. But I will tell you that in months of seaching, I got the best quality for the best price (and excellent service, too) from an online vendor.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
Good questions…
Regarding your searching and buying a ring online, there are 3 main advantages for buying online:
1. Convenience- pretty self explanatory, you can get on internet superhighway and you are right in the thick of what you are looking for, instantaneously!
2. Selection- online stores and Ebay allows you to shop for your item and the stores do not have to incur the costs of staffing and keeping a broad and deep selection of jewelry.
3. Value- As stated above the reduced overhead, staff, inventory, etc, allows the store to pass the savings on to you.
Also be sure to really research their shipping, customer service and return policy for their jewelry.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i have had good luck with MLOPROS who sell loose diamonds. he buys used stones, and resells them for a modest profit.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Please do not buy a diamond on ebay. You can never be sure of just what you are getting. And don''t consider 95%+ good feedback to be a safety net. Many people don''t know very much about diamonds and don''t have their diamonds appraised once they recieve them. So many people don''t even know if they are getting what they pay for. And it if seems like too good of a deal, it probably is to good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results