shape
carat
color
clarity

Online auction site

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hdouc094

Rough_Rock
Trade
*first post*

So I have been a lurker for quite some time, but I'm getting closer and closer to the final purchase :)

In any case, I have recently stumbled on this site: www.idonowidont.com
I was looking at the following auction: http://www.idonowidont.com/102-Carat-Diamond-Engament-Ring,name,63623,auction_id,auction_details
Although, some of the items seem to good to be true, and there seems to be no real protection in the event of a fraudulent seller.

I was wondering if any of you had a positive experience or feel that it could be a reliable site?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2009 1:01:56 PM
Author:hdouc094
*first post*

So I have been a lurker for quite some time, but I'm getting closer and closer to the final purchase :)

In any case, I have recently stumbled on this site: www.idonowidont.com

I was looking at the following auction: http://www.idonowidont.com/102-Carat-Diamond-Engament-Ring,name,63623,auction_id,auction_details

Although, some of the items seem to good to be true, and there seems to be no real protection in the event of a fraudulent seller.

I was wondering if any of you had a positive experience or feel that it could be a reliable site?
Welcome to Pricescope.

Your protection, such as it is, is that an IDNID employee will look at it before it ships to you and confirm that it matches their description from the ad. You have a 10 day return period to look at it, have it checked out or whatever you want but if you return it you get a credit at the store, not a refund and the credit may be for less than what you paid. Check the terms and conditions. They're unusual and quite restrictive.

The ad you are looking at mentions a lifetime guarantee from Robbins Bros. as a feature. You might want to check with RB about that if you’re seriously considering buying it and this is important to you. Most dealer warranties aren’t transferable. It’s possible that RB is the seller here and it would still apply but I wouldn’t assume it and I doubt that checking on this is part of the inspection by the IDNID grader.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Some of these rings are used, but some of the pictures sure look like vendor shots of new rings. Hmm...that kind of defeats the original purpose of the site I''d think. Some of them seem kind of high...I guess I only try this if they had a good return policy.

hdouc094

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the replies :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results