shape
carat
color
clarity

One of those mornings..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever have one of those mornings? Well I just did.. of course I am anciently old.. but I am going out and I just sprayed my nicely, cool looking, newly blown in hair with Suave deodorant.. hmm... somewhat age related and mostly can't see w/o my glasses! happy morning..

:oops: :oops:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
just last week I put four scoops of granola in the coffee maker

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1390236953|3596964 said:
just last week I put four scoops of granola in the coffee maker

ahh...but did you brew it?

PS-If you did, was it any good? I might try it.

Deb

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I have ruined two almost full half gallon cartons of ice cream in the last few months by putting them away in the refrigerator instead of the freezer. DH is starting to worry.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Last week, I found the milk in the pantry.

I'm not sure if I did it or not . . . :shock:

Pretty sure I did . . . or maybe it was DH . . . he can't remember either. :rolleyes:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
The other day I felt a strange itch in my bra, reached in and found a $5.00 bill! Have absolutely no recall of putting it there. DH asked " was the bra empty when you put them in there??"

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I did 2 white washes over a week & grumped about my fairly-new washer, everything was dingy. Then realized I hadn't put any detergent in!

When my sister visited, we took everything out of the refrigerator, looking for leftover brussels sprouts, could not find them & we both remembered her putting them in a jar the night before. Finally located them in a cupboard with the drinking glasses.

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL too often to keep track.

I often put detergent in the dishwasher after I put the dishes in but forget to turn it on yet the next morning I am always surprised that the dishes are still dirty because I am so *sure* I did turn it on the night before.

I usually put the coffee in the coffee maker the night before and just turn it on when I wake up and more than a few times the next morning I realize after I turn it on and no coffee is being made that I forgot to add water the night before.

And more I am sure but I just can't remember them right now. :???:

I'm glad I am not alone though. I love the granola in the coffee maker...haha. Breakfast and coffee streamlined all in one!

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Sometime I forget where I park my car :oops:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I can't tell you how many times a week I make a trip to the store, because I forgot the main thing I needed to go for in the first place :oops:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Tonight at dinner I served pasta and salad. I had both croutons and parmesan cheese on the table. My autistic daughter who can communicate but not very well pushed her pasta bowl towards me and I knew she wanted cheese. After I served her, she kept pushing it back at me and making an unhappy noise. I kept pushing it back at her and telling her nicely that I gave her enough cheese and eat her dinner. My other kids were LAUGHING and finally my teenage son says "Mom, you put croutons on her pasta, not cheese!". When I realized my mistake and scraped out the croutons and put cheese on, thankfully my sweet daughter found it funny and was laughing :) We all got a good laugh and I realized just how tired I was!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
There have been a couple of times where I'm driving along and suddenly realize that I am doing the school run instead of driving where I need to go.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I resemble these remarks! :angryfire:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of quarters ago I showed up to my mid-term exam an hour late. (thinking I was right on time)

DH has caught me a couple of times waiting for the stop sign to turn green...

Refrigerated stuff in the cupboards. Clean dishes stacked in the refrigerator. Black pepper instead of cinnamon.

Found myself shaking ground cinnamon into dinner the other night getting frustrated because the cinnamon just kept coming out and wouldn't stop (as I kept shaking...)

I could go on....

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Lately I keep going to put things intended for the laundry basket or bin into the toilet. I have caught myself each time before letting go...so far anyway :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WELL! I feel in good company... I can't say I was too busy as I just retired.. Moms with young kids I can see it.. but my hair smelled good! thanks for all the laughs..

kate

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme|1390281691|3597459 said:
Tonight at dinner I served pasta and salad. I had both croutons and parmesan cheese on the table. My autistic daughter who can communicate but not very well pushed her pasta bowl towards me and I knew she wanted cheese. After I served her, she kept pushing it back at me and making an unhappy noise. I kept pushing it back at her and telling her nicely that I gave her enough cheese and eat her dinner. My other kids were LAUGHING and finally my teenage son says "Mom, you put croutons on her pasta, not cheese!". When I realized my mistake and scraped out the croutons and put cheese on, thankfully my sweet daughter found it funny and was laughing :) We all got a good laugh and I realized just how tired I was!

Thank goodness for siblings. My poor daughter is an only child! I am sure that she would be able to relate to the frustration that your daughter felt!

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1390282913|3597463 said:
There have been a couple of times where I'm driving along and suddenly realize that I am doing the school run instead of driving where I need to go.

I wish you hadn't brought up Driving-While-Senile. I hadn't known that this thread might go in this very unfortunate direction or I wouldn't have started to read it in the first place. Now this is where you really have me!!! My medications made my memory go bye-bye years ago, and I am sure that age has not helped. I can no longer find words (aphasia) and I can no longer make long lists of arguments I will make when it is my turn to speak as I once did and remember every detail if I am in a political discussion with someone. (I used to think I would be a good trial lawyer because I could think on my feet. Now I have to write down anything I want to remember if I am going to walk six feet away.)

Whenever I come to the stop sign at the end of my road I have to strain to remember where i am going. If I go another route, I assume that I am going to the usual place and drive in that direction like the horse going back to his barn unless something interrupts me (like my daughter asking what I am doing). It is really a disgrace for someone with a superb sense of direction who could find her way anywhere without a GPS. I just don't remember what I am up to....

Deb
:saint:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1390282913|3597463 said:
Did that yesterday! :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My senior moments are too many to recount here, but I vividly remember my Mom spraying her hair with bug spray one morning. I was just a kid and it really scared me to think this women was in charge of my life :lol:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I sprayed myself thoroughly with Raid bug and roach killer one time, thinking it was bug spray. My brother still gets a good laugh out of that one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1391029803|3603629 said:
I sprayed myself thoroughly with Raid bug and roach killer one time, thinking it was bug spray. My brother still gets a good laugh out of that one.

Well, I can tell you the reverse totally works...there was once an awfully huge bug (unidentifiable by me) and I was alone (no dh to come to my rescue or anyone else for that matter) and I had no bug spray. :errrr: But, I had very old hairspray (lucky I never throw anything out haha) and spray that monster I did. Like my life depended on it. Stopped him (or her) in his (or her) tracks. That stuff is toxic! Thank goodness!!! :appl:

Jimmianne|1391007991|3603304 said:
My senior moments are too many to recount here, but I vividly remember my Mom spraying her hair with bug spray one morning. I was just a kid and it really scared me to think this women was in charge of my life :lol:

Haha, I am sure you see this in a whole new perspective that you are older now. Smart women can have momentary lapses. In fact many of us do quite often. :oops:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Bayek - you have my sympathies re the Suave!!

Just randomly came across this thread and wanted to add one of my own. Not because of tiredness, but because of nerves...

Some years ago, I was delivering the sermon at my church. I was super nervous while getting ready and completely distracted. It took a while for me to realize I sprayed deodorant on my hair, hairspray under my arms, and that I'd then put the toothpaste on the BACK of the head of my toothbrush. I didn't even realize the deo and hairspray switch...but have you ever tried to clean your teeth with the back of your toothbrush?? Yeah - not so good....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a wonderful thread. Thank you for reviving it, @mrs-b. I was reading it for a while before I realized that a) it was old and that b) I had posted frequently in it. I found it as funny this time as I apparently did the first time around. The first time around I thought of more interesting replies than I did when I read the thread this time. The young AGBF thought of things to say that would never have occurred to me. I get duller and duller! ;))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the shampoo to be at one end of the bath and the conditioner at the other because in the shower i just can't read the tiny writting to see what is what
so many times very over-conditioned hair or very over-clean hair

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There have been many times that I have asked my kids to find my readers, only to be completely find myself the butt of their jokes. They have promised to only unleash the mockery if there are multiple pair on my head! 20200529_145954.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sprayed my lovely clean hair with sunscreen spray instead of leave-in conditioner spray but to be fair both are similar bottles....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately every morning is "one of those mornings"...sometimes you just gotta lean into it and go with the flow and hope there is a light at the end of that proverbial tunnel. What's that quote? If one is going through hell just keep on going. True dat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results