Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 1900's Ring

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edited to add a poll

Since I went with the smaller spinel ring I still have some funds for a lavender but in my search I found two amethyst rings I adore, the pictures aren't great unfortunately.

First one is a 14k circa 1900's 1/2 carat amethyst in a filigree setting with one small diamond on each side:

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

THEN I found this, it is a white gold filigree bow ring, 14k these are hard to find:

IMG_6016.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
OMG
How to choose?!?!

For rarity alone, the Bow ring is compelling, as no one else you meet out there in the world will be wearing the same style - wow it’s pretty! Do you think it would be stackable?

I love the other one too... I don’t have anything Edwardian or white gold but if I did I’d wear that one. But it’s a style often replicated. Do you think it’s really old?

You must come tell us what you chose! I’m super excited for you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite, I actually owned a bow ring years ago and sold it for literally peanuts, nearly the exact ring except it was aquamarine :wall: So I know I can't stand a band with that one because of how the filigree on the sides kind of goes out but that's okay because it would be a right hand ring.

I know that other ring looks a little too good right? Hard to know if truly old but I'm just buying for the aesthetic there but the cut on the amethyst looks really good so there is that, I know with the bow ring there will be some windowing with those stones.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bow tie ring is really rare and petty. I wouldn’t worry about windowing as the amethysts were likely cut for the piece and you just want to accept it for what it is. The first piece looks like an original antique plat setting with a newly set stone. For originality and rarity, I’d get the bow tie. Very pretty, both.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the round stone. I like the shape of the ring, in general, and the stone is a nice color.
Of course the bow is unusual, and so sweet! I have a bow stack ring. So I'm no help at all!
IMG_20190804_110001.jpg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the bow. Its so whimsical!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LightBright thanks for your thoughts, yeah I love this bow style and the pictures don't do anything to highlight the filigree work.

@stracci2000 I freaking love that stack ring with the little flowers :kiss2:

@Big Fat Facets I do love the bow!

So I picked the bow but here is the thing, it's an EBay auction so they were asking $250 I offered $200 and she countered with $225 which I accepted but she didn't get my acceptance of her counter before she left the store it's in (because of course she has a store :nono:) she left it there. That means it could have gotten sold between then and when the store closed. Now I have paid for it but I don't have a guarantee it's mine until tomorrow!:pray:

So I'll be back tomorrow with yet ANOTHER update.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay guys final update, the (bow) ring it's on the way!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the bow ring @StephanieLynn and I'm so excited to see it! :dance:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17 and I will definitely be back with pics!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the Bow as it is unusual and more pleasing to my eyes.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely find @YadaYadaYada, it’s very unusual, and would’ve been my choice too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Austina the bow rings are so fun =)2

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
That bow ring is awesome! I’ve never seen one in person, you find some good stuff

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Edited to add a poll

Since I went with the smaller spinel ring I still have some funds for a lavender but in my search I found two amethyst rings I adore, the pictures aren't great unfortunately.

First one is a 14k circa 1900's 1/2 carat amethyst in a filigree setting with one small diamond on each side:

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

THEN I found this, it is a white gold filigree bow ring, 14k these are hard to find:

IMG_6016.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

Any chance you can stretch the budget to both
amethyst doesn't get as much love ad it should around here

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I actually bought the bow ring a while back :D Somehow the thread ended up getting resurrected.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results