shape
carat
color
clarity

One more time, opinions please on these diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauraher

Rough_Rock
I have the one that says sold on hold until tomorrow, but could you please tell me which of these you think would be the best! I know I seem indecisive, but almost 20k is a lot of money, and I don''t want to make any mistakes. Thanks to all, you don''t know how much help each of you are!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2253/

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6550404

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-15022624#

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-15049484#

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Uh oh, the second one is marked sold!

ETA: Oops...I should have read more carefully. Good that you have it on hold.
1.gif

Are you trying to decide between the first two? There is a significant price difference between the frist two and the second two. Are they all clean?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.76 has the best #''s. Looks beautiful. Higher color and clarity than the others too. I''d take that one. But I''m not too much of a size person. If the diamond is over 7.5 mm I''m happy. Plus I like saving the 5-6K. REALLY didn''t like the 12K one at all. And the SOLD one would be my second choice...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, for a two carat stone, I think the GOG stone has a much better ideal scope picture and great hearts and arrows, so I''d definitely choose it over the WF one you have on hold. It''s a little bigger in diameter, too.

Of the other two, I''d rather have the 1.76 H VS2. It also has a nice idealscope image and very nice color and clarity.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another PSer had the 1.76 shipped to her before. If I remember correctly there is a visible inclusion. I would take the 2.18 I-SI1 but only if it is 100% eye clean!

lauraher

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I would have put the GOG stone in there before, but I think it just came on the market; I didn''t see it even on Monday. So I am trying to get opinions on which of the first two would look more beautiful, which would be the better purchase. I don''t mind the 1.76, but I do think that it was sold and is now back on the market, so maybe carebear is right. I am not as educated as many of you on here, so this is why I really need help! Thanks again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lauraher,
I thought you had already decided on a stone??

lauraher

Rough_Rock
I did, but then I saw the one from GOG that looked great and I just wanted to see how the two compared. I am not a very indecisive person, but when it comes to spending so much money, I want to make sure I get the best that I can. And I know that there will always be new diamonds on the market everyday, but I was giving myself until today to make the purchase and then I saw the one from GOG last night, so either way I am purchasing a diamond today, but I just wanted to get others opinions and advice.

Thanks

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, the first 3 are H & A stones. I don't think any of them are going to be wolfers. Did you check with GOG to make sure the stone is eyeclean?

I'd probably stick with the WF stone because you already have Brian's eyes giving you the thumbs up. It is a lot of money though and if it would make you feel comfortable look into the GOG stone too.

lauraher

Rough_Rock
Not yet, but I am going to call them this morning.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2006 10:42:40 AM
Author: lauraher
Not yet, but I am going to call them this morning.

ok, well keep us posted
1.gif

lauraher

Rough_Rock
So just spoke to Tim at GOG and he said the diamond is eye clean and faces up white, there was a little hesitation in his voice in regards to the color, but he said that from the side there is some "warmth" visible in the diamond, but by no means yellow. The call was quick, but he pretty much let the stone speak for itself, saying that it is a great diamond. I have to say I definetely got more attentive service at WF, but by no means did GOG give me bad service. So now I guess I just have to go by the data. I am leaning one way and will decide by 12pm my time, but would love to hear what others think. Thank you again to all. Who knew this could be so stressful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results