shape
carat
color
clarity

On the wish list

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hey joe

Rough_Rock
"pale pink/peach" tourmaline

blushrose2.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is Jeff Graham''s Desert ROse, isn''t it? It is absolutely stunning.

hey joe

Rough_Rock
"Blush Rose" is the name on his site. Every time I look at it I see something different.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow that cut is amazing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cut is really something, isn’t it?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
That Jeff Graham stone is really amazing. Despite the often outrageous pricing I would have loved to get one of these. He had another, smaller stone in the same cut but with more body color that I wish I had bought.
Such a terrible loss.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was lucky enough to have been able to order from Jeff in the past. His design books are looked at almost daily in my house.

He will be missed.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a cut!!!

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''ve cut a few of his dome cuts, and they do perform very well. The dome cuts are perfectly shaped for tourmaline nodules, and I have bunches of those in soft pinks.

Keep in mind the crown is VERY high.

Cheers,

Lisa

dome24-01diagram.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The high dome reminds me of the very antique cutting styles. I wouldn’t mind it at all although it’ll have to be worn with care, especially for a softer stone.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yes the domes are high. There was an entire body of work he was doing around the high dome antique idea that was really unique and beautiful..
I have some really fine rubellite and indicolite rough that I bought from him, but still haven''t done anything with. I wonder what is going to be done with his inventory?
And his very useful website should be archived somehow.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
As an unset stone, the crown, based on Lisa''s sketches, makes for an odd-looking stone, but I imagine that it''s very flattering when set.

The tourmaline definitely looks high quality, but the colour is not my favourite. It strikes me as classy rather than thrilling, the exact opposite of a neon paraiba.
2.gif

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
At 27+ carats I can only imagine how nice it is IRL.

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Jeff Graham was a true genius when it came to stone cutting. He published 15 books of designs and was probably one of the best cutters in the world.

I had the honor of talking with him several times and he was a very down to earth, regular guy who just happened to be a gemstone phenom. His untimely death was a huge blow to the faceting community and he is, and will continue to be, sorely missed.

Perhaps someone will take up his mantle and continue his work though thems some mighty big shoes.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this color/cut!!!

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results