shape
carat
color
clarity

On the Fence About This Cushion

sbfairy

Rough_Rock
So, I've always wanted a yellow cushion cut with white side stones. My 50th is coming up so I think I'll try to make it happen. I have a really small budget with not much wiggle room ($3000 all in). I know the absolute basics about cushion cuts, I own an oval shaped diamond ring but the rest of my jewelry is round cut. This particular stone caught my eye but everything is just outside of parameters. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this:

0.90 light fancy yellow, SI 2 (1 small feather in the table and a small inclusion in a corner)
L/W ration is 1.10, L/W (mm) 5.48x4.96, Table 59, depth 72,5

Thoughts?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Following up on @ringo865 's suggestion....
Can't see the price of the JA stone, so don't know how it compares to the price of this stone from Diamonds by Lauren -- which isn't a cushion & it's a bit smaller than the JA, but it is a Fancy Yellow (clarity VS1) so it's more yellow & the cut is nicely distinctive imo:

Might you consider a 5-stone ring: one for each of your 10 years? If so, see what you think of, e.g.,
* 5 stones aren't all the same grade of Yellow, but I think the look is nevertheless harmonious:

* 5-stone princess cut Fancy Yellow band:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Have a look at diamonds by lauren. they have really nice yellow diamonds (and rings) and a wide selection.

Yep! Also, have a look at their lower coloured (U-Z) diamonds. Some of them... their hue is just perfect and if set in a gold cup, they look pretty fancy yellow to me for a fraction of the price.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can not see the feather? The little black inclusion is like a VS2.
The cut is really as it should be for a fancy light colored diamond. But it has a small spread (as it should)

sbfairy

Rough_Rock
Can not see the feather? The little black inclusion is like a VS2.
The cut is really as it should be for a fancy light colored diamond. But it has a small spread (as it should)

I did think the spread was small. Thanks for confirming. The feather doesn't appear to be visible to the eye and it's not in the center of the table. It's $1200. JA has a return policy so I'm thinking I might just have it sent and see it in person.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Hey, if you like it, order it and see. JA returns are easy.

I like everyone else’s suggestions. Here’s my cape. It’s pretty much the same shade as the 10k gold.

32AE6802-FA16-4096-8CC3-87DA5DFFF502.jpeg

sbfairy

Rough_Rock
Hey, if you like it, order it and see. JA returns are easy.

I like everyone else’s suggestions. Here’s my cape. It’s pretty much the same shade as the 10k gold.

32AE6802-FA16-4096-8CC3-87DA5DFFF502.jpeg

I love this. It’s simple and easy to wear. This will be a right hand ring for me. The setting I’m looking at is low profile with small side stones.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Following up on @ringo865 's suggestion....
Can't see the price of the JA stone, so don't know how it compares to the price of this stone from Diamonds by Lauren -- which isn't a cushion & it's a bit smaller than the JA, but it is a Fancy Yellow (clarity VS1) so it's more yellow & the cut is nicely distinctive imo:

Might you consider a 5-stone ring: one for each of your 10 years? If so, see what you think of, e.g.,
* 5 stones aren't all the same grade of Yellow, but I think the look is nevertheless harmonious:

* 5-stone princess cut Fancy Yellow band:

I think this is excellent advice. Also, the lower alphabet colors can be very yellow if they are set with 18 kt or 22 kt border or cup.

My ring has a Y-Z color with an 18kt bezel. It looks much yellower that way. The lower alphabet colors give you a good cost savings if you set them properly.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another suggestion:
Contact David Friedlander at Diamonds by Lauren (he is a PS Trade Member who posts here under Rockdiamond) to discuss, e.g., your parameters, find out if he might have anything suitable "in the pipeline" (rings and/or stones) that's not yet reflected in the website inventory, etc.
I myself would call -- there's a toll-free number on the website's Contact Us page -- because I think an initial, actual conversation could be more efficient/productive (and fun!) than a back-and-forth email exchange:

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is excellent advice. Also, the lower alphabet colors can be very yellow if they are set with 18 kt or 22 kt border or cup.

My ring has a Y-Z color with an 18kt bezel. It looks much yellower that way. The lower alphabet colors give you a good cost savings if you set them properly.

Love your ring/ diamond

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results