shape
carat
color
clarity

on ebay . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
That listing is totally fraudulent.

1) It''s listed as an SI3 with a GIA cert - GIA does NOT have an SI3 grade.
2) the image is stolen from another eBay lister

As part of my job i''m acutally paid to monitor eBay listings (if they use certain words we can have the listings removed). So I''m pretty quick at spotting the bogus listings.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes GIA does not have a grading of SI3. EGL does.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
So what does Ebay do when this sort thing happens?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 12:38:51 AM
Author: Matatora
So what does Ebay do when this sort thing happens?
They take the auction down and contact the seller...usually with an email saying that fradulent listings are not allowed stuff like that.

Sun Jewelry

Rough_Rock
You know I cant believe that people use stolen images as the item they are selling. We contact at least 2 a month that steals are images to stop using it. I know every one needs to make money to support their family, but I don''t justify stealing images to make their auction look good.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abit:

Some of the vendors representing very high cut quality have started to lable their images for just this reason. That prevents the image from being used elsewhere.

A lot of work, but worth it is what I have heard.

Perry

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interestingly enough, they don''t even claim it''s a diamond in the advertisement. This must have been edited since this discussion started. Surely this was more complete. They also don''t claim it comes with a GIA report. They say ''Certificate available from GIA''

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
They did claim, in response to a question, that it had a GIA certificate.

Also - GIA does NOT have an SI3 grade.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
This seller only has two ebay feedbacks from other sellers. One is with a negative follow up and it says that this person does not understand descriptions. Also, I thought diamonds were cut with more facets. This one says 54 facets.
And who would ship a diamond for $5.50 flat rate postage with insurance not offered?
Even if it is not a scam, I would certainly not buy an expensive item from someone with that kind of feedback.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/20/2005 10:22:07 AM
Author: MrGG
They did claim, in response to a question, that it had a GIA certificate.

Also - GIA does NOT have an SI3 grade.
The response to the question was that a certificate is available from GIA. The conveniently fail to mention if they actually have a report or if they are giving advice about where the potential buyer might be able to get one if desired. GIA has no reports that they call certificates so this is inacurate on it''s face and you''re quite correct that the GIA grading scale does not include an SI3 clarity grade. Not that it matters.

As has been pointed out above, this is a total load of hooey. Don''t even consider bidding on this.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2005 11:07:06 PM
Author: MrGG

As part of my job i''m acutally paid to monitor eBay listings (if they use certain words we can have the listings removed). So I''m pretty quick at spotting the bogus listings.
I''m a little confused. You say you work for a site holder. Why would they need to moniter ebay listings.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that is interesting- someone paid to watch eBay listings......

As far as image theft- it''s still possible, even of you hallmark photos.
eBay can not possibly police the millions of listings posted daily- it''s really incumbent upon shoppers to use a lot of caution.
We''ve had cases where we reported a bogus listing and it was gone in 5 minutes- in other cases it took days.

As far as the speciifc lsiting- "a load of hooey"- I love it!!!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
David,

I guess my midwestern roots are showing. New Yorkers use different words for these things.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results