shape
carat
color
clarity

On a tight budget for wedding bands? Good news!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I'm so totally thrilled at finally finding a diamond wedding band that I have to show it to you all.

I don't know if anyone else can relate to this, but somehow along the path of wedding planning, the ring budget has gotten smaller. In case I'm not the only one in this situation, I'd thought I'd share my good news (and the link to where I got it).

Here were my criteria:
a) goes with my beautiful halo
b) will sit under my beautiful halo
c) will somehow fit into our now somewhat depleted wedding budget
d) and yet is substantial enough to have some hand impact

So, I did some reading. Where do you go to get a better price on wedding bands? Lots of people out there suggest scary things like Walmart, Pompeii3, or local pawnshops, none of which seemed likely to meet my needs (just the word pawnshop makes my partner shudder). I'm too much of a pricescope devotee to want crappy quality diamonds, (I mean, I'm willing to go down to SI1-2, but not lower). On the other hand, I decided that I have nothing against second-hand jewelry (after all, once it's re-plated, it looks like new again), but how to find it? Especially since I'm a size 8!

Tried craigslist, but found very little selection and many people with unrealistic prices.

After much searching, I found a jeweler on ebay who deals in secondhand rings with very reasonable prices and, very importantly, excellent reviews.

And after much combing through his listings, I found my wedding band. And put in a bid.

And here it is (sorry for the long preamble). White gold semi-eternity ring with 11 H-I SI1 diamonds, totaling half a carat. And at 1/4 of the price of anything comparable elsewhere!

Oh yes, and here's the link for the store: http://stores.ebay.ca/RJJEWELRY4

wedding band.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. Thanks for sharing. I love when someone has a good experience with a seller and lets us know who we can trust. It's hard to tell sometimes. Enjoy your new beauty.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely! can't wait to see it with your ering :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so pretty! I'm glad you found something you like for a reasonable price...doesn't get better than that! Please show us how it looks with your ering when you get it!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Handshots to come as soon as I have time and there's a sunny afternoon

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's lovely! congrats on the great find!!

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results