shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG, who knew this would be so difficult? Thoughts please!

Please pick your favorite solitaire setting!!

• MWM Petite Torchiere (4-prong version)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • MWM Petite Torchiere (split prong version)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • CvB Jovyn

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Brian Gavin Grace

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Vatche Caroline

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Victor Canera Classic Solitaire

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone who chimed in with thoughts on solitaire settings!! I am quickly whittling things down but I am still really torn with regard to this last handful of choices... a fun conundrum to have, but I am in desperate need of clarity! :) I am looking for a plain platinum solitaire setting with smooth, clean lines. I tend to gravitate toward 4-prong settings but I am open to 6-prongs. I prefer no side stones but I am open to stones in the basket or "surprise stones" in the crown. If anyone has experience with melee in the basket of a ring I would love to hear this as well... has anyone had any issues with wear (particularly when wearing next to an eternity band), loose stones, etc.?

So basically, these are my favorites... please be candid and let me know what you think of these as settings for a 2+ carat MRB. Please feel free to vote, chime in, and/or suggest other styles. I am torn on single vs. double claw prongs, so please feel free to weigh in on this aspect as well. I welcome all thoughts!!

MWM Petite Torchiere (4-prong version): No easy links; see photos below

MWM Petite Torchiere (split prong version): No easy links; see photos below

CvB Jovyn: http://www.cvbinspireddesign.com/cvb-jovyn-solitaire

Brian Gavin Grace: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/grace-platinum-5414p

Vatche Caroline: http://www.whiteflash.com/engagemen...aire-engagement-ring-by-vatche-288.htm#size=6

Victor Canera Classic Solitaire with Cathedral Band: https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/classic-solitaire-with-cathedral-band

Here are photos for the first three contenders:

mark_morrell_extreme_petite_torchiere__4-prong__radically_tapered_crown___4_0.jpg

mark_morrell_alex_k_3.jpg

caysie_vb_jovyn_0.jpg

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: OMG, who knew this would be so difficult? Thoughts pleas

Here are photos for the last three contenders (sorry for the double post; it wouldn't let me post all 6 the first time around!)

bgd_18.jpg

vatche_caroline__2_0.jpg

vc_classic_solitaire_with_cathedral_band__double_wire_eagle_claw___tapered_shank_.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jovyn with 6 claw prongs. Hands down. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you should decide if you want cathedral or not before you decide on a setting. It makes a very big visual difference, changes the whole feel of the ring, in my opinion. My Jocelyn from Victor did not have cathedral sides. Over time, I realized my eyes did really prefer the sides coming up some part of the way to meet the stone. I did not love the floating as much because there was too much "space" between the diamond and the shank, which caused this strange feeling of disconnectedness about my ring and LESS finger coverage. I love a cathedral setting because how the stone seems to flow from the top of the setting down to the base of the ring and hug your finger. Sorry I can't describe it better. Maybe you won't ever notice the difference. But maybe you will, and it may be too late after you've committed to a setting. Or maybe you love the floating look, prefer it even. That is great too. Then you can eliminate the VC.

And another thing is I think you should decide which you prefer, 4 or 6 prong look. They are very different, to me they are at least. 4 is more squarish. 6 is more round. Or do you not have a preference for this? I started with a 6 prong, but over time, I found the prongs at 6 and 12 really annoyed me. Crazy right? Who would have thought. Thus, I have and always will go for 4 prongs. But I would never have known that had I not worn my six prong for a while.

Also regarding melee in the basket. After wearing a plain six prong, because my ring twirls a lot, I tended to see a lot of plain metal on side. I found that boring. So I usually would want melee on the side. But if you like plain metal, prefer simple, then melee might bother you. Also, I loved the single cut melee that Victor used so I am partial to single cut melee. I can see the outline of all the little stones. Can't beat it. But, everyone is different. I would not put any melee at the base so there won't be any issues wearing a band next to the ring.

Maybe you should try some silver rings with CZ to see the style of ring you prefer.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I could choose 2 I'd vote for the 4-prong torchiere, and the CVB Jovyn, based solely on aesthetics. Since I can only vote for 1 though, I'm going with the CVB design simply because I like the safety of having 6 prongs to protect a 2+ carat diamond.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I vote for whatever is the cheapest & simplest.
Then more $$$$$ can go into the only thing that matters ........ the diamond.

I can't tell which is that, but certainly not any name brand.
I'd just get the cheapest 14K generic setting from the diamond vendor.
Actually I'd get a tension setting from Boonerings in Cobalt Chrome.

My 2 cents.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock

Hi carbonfan,
In your other thread, I guess I didn't realize this was 2+ct. Because of that, I too would pick the CVB Jovyn for the 6 prongs. With a diamond that size, its important to protect the girdle. 6 vs 4 prongs was an easy choice for me because I know how often over the years my hand with my old ring knocked a wall, doorknob, dryer door, etc. Something to consider.

If you lean towards 4 prongs, I'd still go with the Vatche Caroline like I mentioned in your other thread.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the Jovyn, so really any of those choices are great IMHO! :clap:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Mark Morreell 4 prong - the profile is beautiful and the finish is like liquid metal.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

Is the Mark Morrell tapered towards the stone? I think you would need to decide whether you like the look of a taper or not.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I appreciate every single one of the insights you all shared... these are all incredibly astute points! I think what makes the decision so difficult is that I genuinely love each of these settings for different reasons. I am a huge fan of CvB and MWM as their artistry takes my breath away and the beauty of their work is hard to beat. But the other designs and designers have their merits as well! Regardless, hearing from you all has given me significant perspective and I feel much clearer about my preferences now. Thank you all so much!! And please feel free to keep chiming in!! :)

LLJsmom, you hit the nail squarely on the head in saying that I need to figure out the cathedral/non-cathedral and 4- vs. 6-prong aspects. I have never had a cathedral setting but I really do love the look of them and I am drawn to what you said about the "flow" the cathedral provides (vs. the "floating" of a non-cathedral setting, which describes my current setting perfectly!). As I reflect more I think that a cathedral is the choice for me. And although I am open to 6 or even 8 prongs I have always been a 4-prong girl and I do tend to gravitate toward 4 prongs for some odd reason. I would be willing to consider the double claw look if the claws are delicate... would double claws provide more security for the stone, or are they simply an aesthetic touch? Obviously they do not add any significant girdle protection, so I suppose that 6 prongs would provide better protection for the diamond. Decisions...

As I have reflected more I have had a few epiphanies: First, I adore CvB's artistry and the delicate perfection of her prongs. Although I admire her vintage designs the vintage look is not really me (I guess this is why I was drawn to the Jovyn!). However, in perusing her repertoire I discovered a minimalist CvB cathedral setting ("Jane"; see photo below). I also realized that what I love about the MWM custom split-prong is the swoopiness of the crown, and I also really love the decorative basket on the Vatche Caroline. :twirl:

So in light of all of this I think I may contact either CvB or MWM to inquire about the possibility of customizing a setting. My dream setting is basically the CvB Jane with swoopier crown of MWM and a melee basket (I think I would pass on diamonds in the base as are shown in the photo). Both Caysie and Mark seem to be such consummate artists and I would trust either one of them to take on such a task. I am torn, but right now I am leaning toward Caysie!

So, please feel free to speak freely... does all of this make sense or have I completely jumped the shark? I really thought I be able to easily select an existing setting and had no idea how complex the process would be... thus the "oh my gosh" title of this thread!! Many thanks again to everyone for sharing your thoughts and your expert advice!! :)

cvb_jane_4-prong.jpg

cvb_jane_4-prong__top_view_.jpg

mark_morrell_alex_k_4.jpg

vatche_caroline__2_1.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I picked the Jovyn because of what you want, a plain solitaire, this is the one I liked the best. I like the 6 prongs, the claw prongs, and I think the basket from the side is beautiful.

If I was getting it for myself I would set a 2 carat in a low set bezel or semi bezel, but I know I am in the minority with my preferences!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Given what you've just said, I definitely choose the Vatche Caroline. I think it's still beautiful but it has a touch more with the diamonds in the profile view. Your gut seems to be telling you to stick with 4 prongs so I wouldn't experiment with double claws and although I like the CvB design, I wouldn't want it to be TOO simple (if you know what I mean).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Because of size, I would do double claw four prongs. I love Victor's double claws but I am biased. I love Leon's (would never work with him, cause I am scared) and Steven's. Nervous about everyone else's. I also aesthetically prefer double, rather than single, which would look great on your 2 carat.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you all, and wow, your insights are so on point it is like you know me! :D I still really love the Jovyn (great choice part gypsy!) and the Vatche Caroline (ditto ac117! and you're right, too simple would lead to regret down the road)... and Victor's reputation precedes him, so I am not ruling anything out just yet! I am determined to take my time with this one and get it right!f

LLJsmom, thank you again for sharing your thoughts about cathedral settings. That style really resonates with me, so I think I am sold on a cathedral setting. :loopy: And you make a great point about double claw prongs. I have never had double claws but I am open to them so long as they are delicate, and they would probably give me some peace of mind as well.

Interestingly, I just noticed that CvB has a minimalist 4-prong double claw setting ("Heather," see photo below). I have not been able to find a profile shot of it but perhaps I could request one from her. I am guessing that she could add accent melee in the basket, which I would prefer.... those little details can make a big difference! I am certainly not a double claw connoisseur by any means, but I trust those with more experience. How do her double claw prongs look to you all?

The insights and feedback you all have shared has been SOOOO helpful; thank you again, and please keep it coming! :)

cvb_heather_4-prong__double_claw___1_.jpg

cvb_heather_4-prong__double_claw___2_.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have and am in the same boat as you carbonfan so I have thought it through. And I have had the benefit of making many mistakes on settings so I have tried to analyze exactly what I did not like on every single one of them. One of the settings I am considering is a four prong double claw plain shank with melee in the basket, just like you. Regarding the CVB, I love the look topdown. But the split on the sides is incongruous to my eye. Each of the split shanks is too thin and inconsistent with the thickness of the other metal in the ring. That is the reason I ruled this CVB out.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/classic-scalloped-solitaire-pre-mount

I am pretty sure Victor can do this with double claws, melee in the basket, and cathedral sides. Really it's not too hard, IMHO. If I go for a solitaire, that would essentially be my ring. Definitely not rocket science. Just give him a call and ask. I love a swoopy basket. Look at the Jocelyn with he scalloped basket for an example. You can decide whether you like diamonds in the prongs.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

With a 2 ct stone, I'd do 4 double prongs (I guess that's split prong) so there's 8, or something with 6 prongs. I wouldn't do just 4 prongs, for security.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1483586737|4112513 said:
I have and am in the same boat as you carbonfan so I have thought it through. And I have had the benefit of making many mistakes on settings so I have tried to analyze exactly what I did not like on every single one of them. One of the settings I am considering is a four prong double claw plain shank with melee in the basket, just like you. Regarding the CVB, I love the look topdown. But the split on the sides is incongruous to my eye. Each of the split shanks is too thin and inconsistent with the thickness of the other metal in the ring. That is the reason I ruled this CVB out.

LLJsmom, I really appreciate you sharing your experience... it sounds like we are in EXACTLY the same boat! I really love that you have analyzed your preferences and reservations about each setting. I think I went for pave side stones in shank look because it matched the eternity band and that was what I had worn for 15 years so it was familiar and seemed like a no brainer. But recently I realized that I really dislike having the side stones compete with the center stone. Crazy, right?! Anyway, I have been kicking myself for wanting to change settings but at least I know that I am not alone in wanting to find that quintessential setting that showcases the stone. I promise I am not this OCD about most things!! :lol:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

bastetcat|1483589110|4112519 said:
With a 2 ct stone, I'd do 4 double prongs (I guess that's split prong) so there's 8, or something with 6 prongs. I wouldn't do just 4 prongs, for security.

I totally agree, bastetcat; this is a relatively new consideration but I am game for it! I think that double claws are beautiful when they are artistically and delicately executed, which has VC written all over it! And the added security would certainly give me peace of mind. Thank you for encouraging me in this direction! :twirl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1483587146|4112514 said:
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/classic-scalloped-solitaire-pre-mount

I am pretty sure Victor can do this with double claws, melee in the basket, and cathedral sides. Really it's not too hard, IMHO. If I go for a solitaire, that would essentially be my ring. Definitely not rocket science. Just give him a call and ask. I love a swoopy basket. Look at the Jocelyn with he scalloped basket for an example. You can decide whether you like diamonds in the prongs.

This! A thousand times yes... perfection in the making! Once again, LLJsmom, we are on precisely the same page. I am grateful to know that Victor is willing to make these modifications. And I am right there with you... I adore Victor's swoopy basket much prefer it to the straight basket featured in his plain solitaire with cathedral. Having not yet worked with Victor I wasn't sure how amenable he would be to customization requests, but honestly the classic scalloped solitaire you posted would be amazing with cathedral sides and melee in the basket. I think I would skip the melee in the prongs and go for plain double claw prongs. If possible I would also ask if he could do single wire with the split at the top rather than the double wire shown in his plain solitaire with cathedral setting. In some ways I feel like I am asking for the moon, but you are right, it isn't rocket science... and a swoopy basket to boot... that is like icing on the cake! In case you can't tell, I am completely stoked about this idea... thank you again!! :loopy:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey carbonfan, I understand how you feel. Just remember that practically every design on Victor's website started from a client who wanted a customization. Of course there may be things that people ask for that may compromise the integrity of the ring or may go against Victor's aesthetics. If they do, he will tell you. If you are trying to micromanage too much, he will tell you. But you for sure will never get it if you don't ask. What you're looking for does not sound unreasonable. And if there is anything that he doesn't think will work, you two can discuss it together to find a solution that will. I took the liberty of emailing him and letting him know that a PSer may be reaching out to him about that design we discussed, so he won't be surprised. Hope it works out for you.

Something to consider:
Single cut or full cut melee? I biased toward single cut all the time. See the thread below. I think it will help. I had a MRB and used single cuts in the basket and shank.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-setting-single-cut-melee-vs-full-cut-melee.227639/

Have fun and enjoy the process.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

carbonfan|1483632145|4112610 said:

I totally agree, bastetcat; this is a relatively new consideration but I am game for it! I think that double claws are beautiful when they are artistically and delicately executed, which has VC written all over it! And the added security would certainly give me peace of mind. Thank you for encouraging me in this direction! :twirl:

Yeah- with a 2ct or more stone on a fairly thin shank, I think you need security. I buck the trend and prefer the swoopy MVM if it has double prongs. The only reason I'd choose the 6 prong basic Tiffany style is for security. Aesthetically, it is not my favorite look. But that is just me. In second place I like the double pronged VC.

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock

So much good info in here. I vote that you contact CvB and talk about customizing a ring.

Otherwise, I vote Jovyn, as the pic you posted is my ring*. I am clearly a fan. :appl:

*Well, it WILL be MINE, whenever my special somebody proposes. Finally. Sheesh. :lol:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

bastetcat|1483735136|4113055 said:

Yeah- with a 2ct or more stone on a fairly thin shank, I think you need security. I buck the trend and prefer the swoopy MVM if it has double prongs. The only reason I'd choose the 6 prong basic Tiffany style is for security. Aesthetically, it is not my favorite look. But that is just me. In second place I like the double pronged VC.

This was my feeling as well, so I appreciate the confirmation! I am all about added security, and you can't put a price on peace of mind! Like you I really do adore the swoopy MWM prongs with double claws... I think VC's swoopy basket is taking precedence, but I am keeping MWM's design in mind as a backup option! Really what it comes down to is that I really want a cathedral and it doesn't seem like MWM has any cathedral designs. But I really do love his swoopy crown! :)

Like you, I prefer a 4-prong (or 8-prong with double claws) setting. I love the classic Tiffany 6-prong style in theory but it has never looked right when I tried it on at the jewelry shop. So I guess I love that for other people! The squared-off effect looks better on my hand for some odd reason. This is also true for halos... I love them in photos but when I tried one on it just didn't look right on me! I truly enjoy seeing everyone's halos and 6-prong styles on SMTB, but at the same time I recognize that they are not for me.

Thanks again for your input, and glad to hear that you favor VC's double claws as a second choice. I have always dreamed of working with him and right now that is the way I am leaning. I will keep everyone posted as things transpire! :)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

iwantsparkle|1483740933|4113093 said:
So much good info in here. I vote that you contact CvB and talk about customizing a ring.

Otherwise, I vote Jovyn, as the pic you posted is my ring*. I am clearly a fan. :appl:

*Well, it WILL be MINE, whenever my special somebody proposes. Finally. Sheesh. :lol:

Thanks for your input, iwantsparkle! I sincerely admire CvB's artistry and I will certainly keep her in mind. I really don't think I can go wrong with either VC or CvB, but I want to try VC first and see where that goes. If things fall through I will be thrilled to contact CvB! And if I decide to go the stacking band route I will definitely check out her offerings!

All of that said, I absolutely love the Jovyn... it is utterly gorgeous, timeless, and classic. I wish 6-prong styles looked better on me, but for some reason they just don't! But you picked an amazing setting. Hopefully your SO will officially pop the question soon!! Keep us posted when that happens and be sure to post pics... we want to see the ring!! :)

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

carbonfan|1483755874|4113184 said:
bastetcat|1483735136|4113055 said:

This was my feeling as well, so I appreciate the confirmation! I am all about added security, and you can't put a price on peace of mind! Like you I really do adore the swoopy MWM prongs with double claws... I think VC's swoopy basket is taking precedence, but I am keeping MWM's design in mind as a backup option! Really what it comes down to is that I really want a cathedral and it doesn't seem like MWM has any cathedral designs. But I really do love his swoopy crown! :)

Like you, I prefer a 4-prong (or 8-prong with double claws) setting. I love the classic Tiffany 6-prong style in theory but it has never looked right when I tried it on at the jewelry shop. So I guess I love that for other people! The squared-off effect looks better on my hand for some odd reason. This is also true for halos... I love them in photos but when I tried one on it just didn't look right on me! I truly enjoy seeing everyone's halos and 6-prong styles on SMTB, but at the same time I recognize that they are not for me.

Thanks again for your input, and glad to hear that you favor VC's double claws as a second choice. I have always dreamed of working with him and right now that is the way I am leaning. I will keep everyone posted as things transpire! :)

I hear you. I have tried on the 6 prong Tiffany style multiple times and it looks really bad on me. It's not just the prongs but the whole band shaping. My finger are puffy enough and it has always made them look puffier when I try one on. The squared off options look better for me too. (6-8 prongs is GREAT for earrings on me though, better than 4 prongs!)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1483673462|4112847 said:
Hey carbonfan, I understand how you feel. Just remember that practically every design on Victor's website started from a client who wanted a customization. Of course there may be things that people ask for that may compromise the integrity of the ring or may go against Victor's aesthetics. If they do, he will tell you. If you are trying to micromanage too much, he will tell you. But you for sure will never get it if you don't ask. What you're looking for does not sound unreasonable. And if there is anything that he doesn't think will work, you two can discuss it together to find a solution that will. I took the liberty of emailing him and letting him know that a PSer may be reaching out to him about that design we discussed, so he won't be surprised. Hope it works out for you.

Something to consider:
Single cut or full cut melee? I biased toward single cut all the time. See the thread below. I think it will help. I had a MRB and used single cuts in the basket and shank.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-setting-single-cut-melee-vs-full-cut-melee.227639/

Thank you for the advice and encouragement, LLJsmom! Once again you provided incredible insight. True, I suppose most designs have stemmed from client customization requests, although I had never really thought about it that way! So perhaps I will contribute to the creation of one of VC's forthcoming designs! (j/k) Seriously, I am glad to know that I have not officially jumped the shark on this... in situations like this I get frustrated with myself and wonder why I can't just find an existing setting that I like... I feel like I am asking too much. But you are right that you will never know unless you at least ask! The new year has me energized and feeling extremely proactive, and thanks to all of the insights everyone has provided I finally think I know exactly what I want. Not to mention that I am ridiculously excited about the prospect of working with Victor! Thank you for contacting him on my behalf.. that was so kind of you and I will be in touch with him soon!

And yes, I totally agree with you about the single cut melee. Thank you for the reminder! I am still thinking toward melee in the scalloped basket but probably leaving the prongs plain. VC's prongs are so beautiful that I am not sure I want to mess with them!

I have a lingering question with regard to the shank... some of his "classic" designs look ever so slightly tapered (almost the reverse of what you normally see... in this case the shank seems to grow slightly wider toward the basket) whereas other designs have uniform shanks (see comparison photos below). I am not sure which one is more desirable in a cathedral setting, and there are few VC cathedral settings for comparison. If you have any thoughts on tapering, feel free to share them!

Many thanks again to everyone for sharing your thoughts; this has been SO helpful. I will keep you posted as things progress! :loopy:

vc_classic_scalloped_solitaire__top_view_.jpg

vc_classic_solitaire_with_cathedral_band__top_view_.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

carbonfan|1483757200|4113191 said:
LLJsmom|1483673462|4112847 said:

Something to consider:

Thank you for the advice and encouragement, LLJsmom! Once again you provided incredible insight. True, I suppose most designs have stemmed from client customization requests, although I had never really thought about it that way! So perhaps I will contribute to the creation of one of VC's forthcoming designs! (j/k) Seriously, I am glad to know that I have not officially jumped the shark on this... in situations like this I get frustrated with myself and wonder why I can't just find an existing setting that I like... I feel like I am asking too much. But you are right that you will never know unless you at least ask! The new year has me energized and feeling extremely proactive, and thanks to all of the insights everyone has provided I finally think I know exactly what I want. Not to mention that I am ridiculously excited about the prospect of working with Victor! Thank you for contacting him on my behalf.. that was so kind of you and I will be in touch with him soon!

And yes, I totally agree with you about the single cut melee. Thank you for the reminder! I am still thinking toward melee in the scalloped basket but probably leaving the prongs plain. VC's prongs are so beautiful that I am not sure I want to mess with them!

I have a lingering question with regard to the shank... some of his "classic" designs look ever so slightly tapered (almost the reverse of what you normally see... in this case the shank seems to grow slightly wider toward the basket) whereas other designs have uniform shanks (see comparison photos below). I am not sure which one is more desirable in a cathedral setting, and there are few VC cathedral settings for comparison. If you have any thoughts on tapering, feel free to share them!

Many thanks again to everyone for sharing your thoughts; this has been SO helpful. I will keep you posted as things progress! :loopy:

I am a person who prefers symmetry. So I would choose a non-tapering, non-widening shank. Other people have other opinions. I think it's very personal. Have you gone out and looked at some differing tapering and non-tapering shanks in real life? I am assuming that the shank is about 2mm at it's widest, so a tapering shank wouldn't taper that much, unless if you want it to taper to a small point. When you already have a 2 carat stone, to me, it looks quite large compared to a 2mm shank, so I don't need the taper to make the diamond look bigger, which is one of the reasons people like it.

I wonder what other people prefer and why.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay for contacting Victor. You have a large diamond and it will be worth it to invest in it.
I personally prefer the tapered classic design but it's a very personal choice. I love the elegant and flowing look. I do like the uniform shank as well. To my eyes it looks more modern.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results