shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG I found DENTS in my Hanadamas!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I'm an idiot. I have several strands of pearls- the most recent acquisitions being a Hanadama strand, a baroque blue akoya strand and just because I couldn't resist, a baroque white akoya strand.

I just opened up one of the boxes, stared at it admiringly for a moment and then freaked out. I was convinced that I was looking at my Hanadama strand- and to my horror, I could see DENTS in my pearls!! In my Hanadamas! You know- the ones that are certified to be among the 'most perfect pearls in the world!!'

Of course, I wasn't looking at my Hanadama strand at all. It was the baroque white strand. These babies have amazing lustre and orient... and they are WHITE! If I hadn't bought a Hanadama strand (and if I wasn't set on having a 'perfectly matched' strand, these would've easily taken their place. Fact is, I wanted Hanadamas for their perfection. But gosh these had me fooled! Their lustre and orient are actually *disorienting* and made me think they were round!! My Hanadamas are quite rosy by comparison when lying in the box. Of course, they look white against the skin :)

Anyone else have *moments* like these? Or is it just me being 'special'? :wall:

A51E363E-376B-4329-9AA5-4C52541B5917.jpeg

5B6B4F16-DC51-402F-B3EB-3AC8ED80AC1A.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would have been momentarily scary! I could see myself doing the same thing! Your pearls are beautiful!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crystal_Dreams, I laughed so hard when I read your post! Well, first I gasped— dents in any pearl, let alone Hanadamas:shock::o:cry2:. But the rest was hilarious.

Those are gorgeous pearls you have!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here’s my version: I have a full 18” strand of Mikimoto Tahitians. Wore them recently and went to put them away and thought they were covered in scratches. Turns out they weren’t scratches at all, but smudges of makeup that had transferred. A quick clean with a damp paper towel and they were perfect again. Took another hour for my heart to stop racing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results