shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG I can''t beleieve it - I am kinda freaking out..again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
This is weird and I can''t believe I am posting this on the internet, but someone at my wedding told me, that during one of the spins on the dance floor, she saw a nip! I had a nip slip at my own wedding! I am worried that others saw, and I am a "slutty bride". I can''t believe it! I was having to much fun to think about rearranging and adjusting my gown, but seriously a nip slip??

My mom, dad, sister, aunt, best man, etc never saw any such things at the wedding and they are brutally honest. I just worry that it happened again and other people saw.

Help please!

PS I will post some pics eventually - I just need to resize, etc.

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
BUMP

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Were the ladies that far up there that a nip slip really could have happened?... and if it did, it did. I know I had my ladies up pretty high and due to the too many bodies in the alotted space (my MIL didn''t believe us when we told her space was an issue) it got really hot, and my dress kept slipping. I can only imagine if my hello dollies were out on display. HOW HORRIBLE THAT MUST FEEL!
Take a deep breath and think who said it. Were they being kind, or drunk and obnoxious? Some people just LOVE to rain on a parade, and any hint of a freckle and they claim to see the peps.
I dont quite know what to say, but relax, what is done is done, if people saw your tatas, they did, and it was for a fraction of a second. They''d have to be staring at YOUR BOOBIES to catch it, as most people just watch the bride and groom as a blur. They aren''t FOCUSED on them... ESPECIALLY the boobie area. I''d let it go, and ask the creep why they were staring at your ladies.
Again, I''m sorry for the stress, and anxiety this must have caused. I can only imagine, how such a wonderful and beautiful day can be tarnished by such a comment. Just let it go, and remember all the good times.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ok for starters, how rude is that person at your wedding!!!!! I''m so amazed that some people just don''t know when to keep their mouth shut. It served no purpose to tell you that at all.

Don''t worry about it hun. If people did see, then they saw. I know that''s easier to say than to actually feel but it is what it is.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
LAURA, BREATHE!!!!!!
9.gif

If no one else saw it, she probably THOUGHT she saw it but didn''t. And how rude to say anything, anyway!

Don''t sweat it... no one was thinking of anything but how absolutely gorgeous you looked!!
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Deep breath. It''s over. It''s done with. You can''t change it now, so shrug it off. If people saw it, they saw it and you freaking out now won''t change that. Hopefully if anybody else saw it they have the good sense not to bring it up now. This isn''t worth stressing over.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
My friend who just got married and I were looking through some photos of her wedding recently, and in one photo that was taken while she was dancing we both noticed simultaneously that there was a nip slip in it!

BUT - I never noticed anything in person all night at the wedding except how beautiful she looked. I''m sure even if this actually did happen to you that nobody noticed at all... just like the rest of your friends and family confirmed.
It was unnecessary for this person to tell you this and make you worry in the first place.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
As long as there aren''t photos, it didn''t happen!!!

I agree with the other posters, though - who said it? Was that person drunk? Typically rude? If so, my guess is that they thought they saw something that didn''t and they''re just trying to rattle your chain. Don''t let ''em!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Knowing how bridal dresses are altered, I just cannot imagine that there was a slip and then everything just went back into place without you noticing. Seems 100% unlikely to me. Sounds like your friend is just trying to create some drama.
38.gif

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
I examined ALL of the photos and I think I see the top of the nip area in some of them where are arms are high in the hair and I am spinning.
7.gif
I am so distraught!!!!!

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
I should have pulled my dress up throughout the night. Never pulled it up once!! Never thought/realized it was sliding down???

trying to breathe.....

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a nipple. It''s a natural part of the human body. People (like this friend who mentioned it) need to grow up and not be ashamed of the human body.

You aren''t a slutty bride for having a nipple show for a few seconds when you hands were thrown up in the middle of dancing. You WOULD be a slutty bride if your dress was so low cut or otherwise revealing so that people could see your breasts during your vows or all night at your reception. Purposefully revealing is slutty, an accident is just an accident.

It is embarrassing? Sure. Is it worth worrying one more second about? No.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 1:55:41 PM
Author: havernell
It''s a nipple. It''s a natural part of the human body. People (like this friend who mentioned it) need to grow up and not be ashamed of the human body.

You aren''t a slutty bride for having a nipple show for a few seconds when you hands were thrown up in the middle of dancing. You WOULD be a slutty bride if your dress was so low cut or otherwise revealing so that people could see your breasts during your vows or all night at your reception. Purposefully revealing is slutty, an accident is just an accident.

Ditto the above. Plus if no one else saw it, are you absolutely sure that this person did. She might have only thought that she had. Sure it is embarrassing but try not to worry about it.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Some people wear this to their wedding. It ain''t so bad
9.gif

pam.and.kid.eek.jpg

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
^^^LOL. That made me feel better!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
If it was the top of the nip, then no biggie. Most people will not have noticed and if they did, it was probably a "did I just see what I think I saw? No couldn't be" moment.

The person who told you is probably just someone that notices things way too much.

And also!!! If this person noticed while you were dancing, why didn't she run over and tell you? Who was this person anyway? I hope not a "good" friend. If my friend's nip was really showing I would jet over there so quick!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It''s a nipple. Everyone''s got ''em. No biggie
1.gif
Only in America (I guess that''s assuming you''re in America) are we so uptight about boobies. In Europe, aren''t they up on billboards everywhere? I don''t see what the big deal is. Think of it this way--- you were having SO MUCH FUN that you momentarily forgot to be self-conscious and worry about things like that. Lucky you!!
9.gif

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kelli. Thats kinda how I was feeling about it all. I al ususally VERY self-conscious and type-a and make everything PERFECT. my wedding-day I was "out of character" b/c I just HAD FUN. I didn''t look at myself in the mirror and primp every 5 minutes, I didn''t examine everything at the reception, or dictate where the photographers were and what the wait staff did. I just lived and had fun and danced. So some of my pics have my dress twisted, or some skin over flowing over the top, or I guess the top of a nip or two. but I had fun!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh honey, I have a personal theory that Photoshop was INVENTED exactly for this purpose and other similar mishaps! It''d only be slutty had it been deliberate. And as for this rude "friend" of yours, I would''ve simply said "Whoops! Guess that one''s gonna cost you 5 bucks! Not every day you get a bridal peep show!"
11.gif
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it IS a European thing, but lots of us go topless on the beach in the summer without a second thought - and no way is it considered ''slutty'' in anyway. Everyone has nipples and other bodily bits - if you had decided to get married in a stripper outfit, or the Taliban were monitoring your wedding, then fair enough, but a quick glimpse of a nipple while you''re enjoying yourself...
20.gif

Seriously, if this is the worst problem in your life right now, consider yourself extremely fortunate!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
eh...a boob''s a boob...it''s no big deal. At least it wasn''t your
emotion-16.gif
!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 1:37:37 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
eh...a boob''s a boob...it''s no big deal. At least it wasn''t your
emotion-16.gif
!

Literally laughed aloud at that, Italia!!!

Laura--don''t you dare let this tarnish your memory of your awesomely fun wedding. If anything, your guests should thank you for getting more than they bargained for--and you bought THEM dinner
2.gif
teehee...

Remember all the dancing and the fun and the vows and what it meant to you to have everyone there. Don''t let a silly nip get in the way of your happiness!! (I want to embroider that on a pillow, haha)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock

Ditto, exactly.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2009 3:12:23 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Ditto, exactly.
Thritto. I wouldn''t worry about this for one second - i am so happy for you that you were having a day where you were so totally enjoying yourself you didn''t even think to pull up your dress. That is exactly what you should have been doing - if you spent the evening preening all night and pulling and tugging and checking your hair and makeup, you''d be regretting that you didn''t take the time to enjoy your day because you were worried about how you looked. I''d much rather look back and know i might have had a nip/slip than that i missed some enjoyment of the wedding day.

And anyway, it really is just a body part that everyone has - really, really no big deal at all. Don''t give it another thought.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, what kind of a "friend" would tell you this AFTER THE FACT?! So mean and unnecessary. If she really wanted to be helpful she should have told you at the time you need to pull your dress up a little.

I wouldn''t waste another second worrying about it. It sounds like no one else noticed and you can''t change it, so let it go!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Italia, it''s not like you did a handstand wearing no panties and showed the world your hoo-ha!

The human body is just that - human. I am bummed cos I am going to have to buy a bathing suit this year to wear at my parents house - usually we swim a la natural (they live in the tropics) but we have invited everyone to their place the day after the wedding for a BBQ and a swim. Some of my friends gave me raised eyebrows - I assured them that myself and my parents will be investing in swimming attire for the big day - phew!
11.gif

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. Im feeling better - I love most of my pics - its just that there are some from end of night where I just needed to pull my dress up but didnt. I never pulled it up once and I should havev but didnt notice/think of it and thats prob how the alleged "nip slip" happened. Anyone else have similar prob/regret from wedding night?

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
I have no practical advice....I just wanted to thank this post, because it made me run over to the lingerie website and snag a pair of nipple-covers and some "hollywood fashion tape." Hopefully, it will keep them in the corral, so to speak.

So, you helped another bride...

yeah, probably not what you were looking for with this post, huh?

I **seriously** think that anyne who is paying THAT much attention to mah boobees on mah weddin'' day had damn well better be the frickin'' groom, and no one else.

If someone who is not my husband came up to me after the fact and said something like that, I''d probably have said "what were you doing staring at my t*ts that hard, to notice such a thing, because you''re the ONLY person who has told me this...."

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 1:30:34 PM
Author: Jen_91909
My friend who just got married and I were looking through some photos of her wedding recently, and in one photo that was taken while she was dancing we both noticed simultaneously that there was a nip slip in it!

BUT - I never noticed anything in person all night at the wedding except how beautiful she looked. I''m sure even if this actually did happen to you that nobody noticed at all... just like the rest of your friends and family confirmed.

It was unnecessary for this person to tell you this and make you worry in the first place.

Was she as traumatized from it as I am right now?

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 10:25:21 AM
Author: LauraBabe08
Date: 5/7/2009 1:30:34 PM

Author: Jen_91909

Was she as traumatized from it as I am right now?

Actually, she thought it was hysterical, which didn''t surprise me because she doesn''t embarrass easily.

I like the points others made that you were clearly having such a blast at your wedding that you didn''t think of little things like tugging at your dress. That is what people would have noticed and remembered. In my friend''s case, I was dancing with her all night and never noticed anything in person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results