shape
carat
color
clarity

Ombre baroque South Sea (casual)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They're here. To be honest...I wish the center pearls were stronger gold. I may restring this myself and look for a deeper gold center pearl or three. They're fine for casual wear though. They will be nice for summer. I'm not in love with them. I do like them. But heh, I like most pearls.

I'll need to see them in the daylight. It's grey and snowy outside.

20210210_164829.jpg 20210210_165006.jpg

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a lovely size on you but I see what you mean about the center benefiting from some more oomph in saturation. I think hunting for some more golden baroques could be a lot of fun!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It’s a lovely size on you but I see what you mean about the center benefiting from some more oomph in saturation. I think hunting for some more golden baroques could be a lot of fun!

I always enjoy a hunt :) It's not bad as it is, but the deeper gold would just add so much more.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Agree! A more saturated center grouping would add some visual oomph.

You’re so photogenic, @MMtwo!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

elizat

Ideal_Rock
They are probably more muted than you'd want for ombre and for impact. I think that you could find a few that are more saturated for a not terrible price though.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are pretty. I like the shapes and the size of the strand, and it looks like it would go very well with summer or casual clothes. But I do see what you mean. It's nice that your skin tone flatters them though.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're here. To be honest...I wish the center pearls were stronger gold. I may restring this myself and look for a deeper gold center pearl or three. They're fine for casual wear though. They will be nice for summer. I'm not in love with them. I do like them. But heh, I like most pearls.

I'll need to see them in the daylight. It's grey and snowy outside.

20210210_164829.jpg 20210210_165006.jpg

Oh the ombre is so subtle and beautifully done :appl::kiss2:
I gasped when i saw them on your neck! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Do what ever you have to to love this strand !
Its a knock out !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im going to save a pix for inspiration for when i do my freshies
I love the 'mutedness'

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I quite like the subtle color graduation! It really glows nicely on you. I’m sure you’ll be able to rework the strand if it’s not exactly what you had in mind.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I think we need some more pics to tell. They look pretty but they are not that screaming in your face gold impact look if you know what I mean. How is the luster?

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Also, we have to try and avoid comparing a gold ombré with the amazing Tahitian ombré that MakingtheGrade just made.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!! Can we see a picture of you wearing it a quarter turn to either side? I love seeing the full Ombre from one shoulder to the other!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!! Can we see a picture of you wearing it a quarter turn to either side? I love seeing the full Ombre from one shoulder to the other!

Sure! as soon as the sun comes up, I will post a few more pictures. It was so grey yesterday and near dusk. Overhead lighting is not the best pearl lighting.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
If you run into any, will you give me a heads up? I did a short search last night. It's hard to find truly baroque/ringed GSS so far.

They are probably more muted than you'd want for ombre and for impact. I think that you could find a few that are more saturated for a not terrible price though.
I agree...baroque pearls should not too terribly expensive. I hope...and if I can find a few!

They are pretty. I like the shapes and the size of the strand, and it looks like it would go very well with summer or casual clothes. But I do see what you mean. It's nice that your skin tone flatters them though.
Thank you, Lisa. I do like them but had thought the center pearls were more of a medium gold and not a dark champaign.

Oh the ombre is so subtle and beautifully done :appl::kiss2:
I gasped when i saw them on your neck! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Do what ever you have to to love this strand !
Its a knock out !
You are just the sweetest person on PS, Daisys and Diamonds. For you....I will love this strand - I promise :)

I quite like the subtle color graduation! It really glows nicely on you. I’m sure you’ll be able to rework the strand if it’s not exactly what you had in mind.
Thanks...and it helps to have your perspective on how it looks. I can wear it now :)

I think we need some more pics to tell. They look pretty but they are not that screaming in your face gold impact look if you know what I mean. How is the luster?
The luster is okay. Lovely in some spots and heavily blemished in others. It is such a baroque necklace that spotty just adds to it's natural charm, so that is not too bad. A couple of rings are chalky white. Stepping back 3 feet it's fine. Dark pinprick holes in a few pearls.

Also, we have to try and avoid comparing a gold ombré with the amazing Tahitian ombré that MakingtheGrade just made.
Her necklace is really something else! So much love!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Daylight helped quite a bit. I see a deeper gold this morning. Pearls are so moody with different types of lighting. Hope this shows the gradient better.
Ugh, ignore the wrinkles.

20210211_090135.jpg

20210211_094325.jpg
20210211_090258.jpg

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Daylight helped quite a bit. I see a deeper gold this morning. Pearls are so moody with different types of lighting. Hope this shows the gradient better.

20210211_090135.jpg

20210211_094325.jpg
20210211_090258.jpg

It's such a cheerful necklace! The colors really do compliment you.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It's such a cheerful necklace! The colors really do compliment you.
Thank you! :)

I love the strand & it suits you really well.

I have an unrelated question for you, if that’s okay? What’s your lipstick in this picture? It’s a really lovely natural-lips-but-deeper colour!

Thanks lissyflo.

My lipstick is a cheapie: Covergirl long wear in universal nude. I have a neutral to cool color and too cool of a pink makes me look ill. It has to have some warmth. It took a while to find this, but it is a "universal nude" #960 that is pinkish with a tiny bit of coral. I have three of these sets around the house.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20210211_090135.jpg

20210211_094325.jpg
20210211_090258.jpg

I really love it
the transition to the white pearls is so delicately done
Im glad you see more love for it in different lighting

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's important when you open pearls to move them around into different lighting conditions. The coloured pearls can change so very dramatically ( exp Tahitian and Blue Akoya).

I love the lighter shades of gold and the shapes in this piece. I'm sure you can find one or two baroques that will fill in a darker shade if you want.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This strand is fabulous! The colors are just delicious.
I could eat them like candy.

Actually now you mention it i remember some bobble gum back in the day that lookef like nuggets of gold - ....or do i know mean pearls :mrgreen2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I really love it
the transition to the white pearls is so delicately done
Im glad you see more love for it in different lighting
Thank you, Daisys and DIamonds. I think I'm won over now.

It's important when you open pearls to move them around into different lighting conditions. The coloured pearls can change so very dramatically ( exp Tahitian and Blue Akoya).

I love the lighter shades of gold and the shapes in this piece. I'm sure you can find one or two baroques that will fill in a darker shade if you want.
Thank you! When I took them out at home in low light, I didn't even see the gold at first. I was so disappointed. In daylight, I think they do just fine and present quite differently. Lesson learned.

I'm kinda drooling over the pearls in @MMtwo's new avatar. :kiss2:
:) Thanks again!

This strand is fabulous! The colors are just delicious.
I could eat them like candy.
I feel like that when I see lustrous round colorful Tahitians.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Daisys and DIamonds. I think I'm won over now.

Thank you! When I took them out at home in low light, I didn't even see the gold at first. I was so disappointed. In daylight, I think they do just fine and present quite differently. Lesson learned.

:) Thanks again!

I feel like that when I see lustrous round colorful Tahitians.

Maybe this is why pearls were tradionally worn to day time events !
Let the diamonds sparkle by night but the day belongs to the pearl !
(My mun always wore her pearls at night, so I'd never heard of the now defunct daytime pearl rule till the internet)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this is why pearls were tradionally worn to day time events !
Let the diamonds sparkle by night but the day belongs to the pearl !
(My mun always wore her pearls at night, so I'd never heard of the now defunct daytime pearl rule till the internet)

I didnt know about the gemstones after dusk rule until recently. I believe pearls get a 24/7 pass :)

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this! Personally I wouldn’t change a thing—the gradient is lovely and gentle, and the degree of intensity of the pearls is very suitable for your skin tone. Fantastic choice!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fine just the way it is! It looks good on your skin and it's an easy-to-wear size for everyday use.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results