shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Old World Diamonds OMC!!! My Pastel Kaleidoscope!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I finally own a 2+ carat diamond. I love her!! She has been around for a long time and is a bit ragged at the edges (literally!!!) but it cannot take away from her pastel kaleidoscope amazingness!! :love:

It was a bit of a journey, as I originally selected an OEC. It was truly stunning and it even got the, in person, thumbs up from our very own Gem Fever. Unfortunately, the colour did not suit my skin tone. Looked fab on my golden skin toned daughter. Not so much on me! I will do a separate thread on her because like my OMC, she was very photogenic. Adam still has her I believe, in the setting that he had made for me.

After making the very hard decision to return the OEC I took a leap of faith and went for the OMC. I am so glad I did. She is incredibly white and the colours!!! Oh the colours are amazing!!

Adam made my setting for me. I just adore it. Its everything I wanted. I cannot say enough good things about Adam. It was a very difficult time personally, as I lost my brother, very suddenly. Adam gave me all the time I needed and dealt with the many fedex issues, patiently and thoroughly. The return of the OEC and sending of the OMC was the stuff of legends, but he came through for me, every single time. Like I said, I cannot recommend him and OWD highly enough.

I will not bore you any more. Here is my Old Gal. I named her Tallulah, after the nickname my dear brother gave me when I was little. Apparently, I was somewhat precocious!!! :tongue:

She is an EGLUSA J/SI1. 2.18 carat, 7.97 x 7.54 x 5.36mm. The setting is 18 carat white gold and I am a size 4.5. The larger OEC in the picture is the one I returned.

img_6157_2.jpg
img_5908.jpg
img_5907.jpg
img_6088.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: It looks just lovely on you! I'm thrilled on your behalf for the excellent customer service you got from Adam, especially during such a challenging time. I'm glad you have a beautiful piece of happiness on your hand now.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
And a couple of my Diamond Star, which was given to me almost 8 years ago, for my first Mother's day, as a mum. I never wore it. Couldn't figure out why. Realised recently it was the chain. I was lucky enough to pick a great Tiffany one from a lovely PS'er on Loupe Troop. So now I am wearing it all the time. :love:
img_6433.jpg
img_6415.jpg
img_6443_2.jpg
img_6379.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning. So sorry about your brother.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
justginger|1384235256|3554908 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: It looks just lovely on you! I'm thrilled on your behalf for the excellent customer service you got from Adam, especially during such a challenging time. I'm glad you have a beautiful piece of happiness on your hand now.

Ginger! Thank you. It was your thread that led me to Adam, so it is all down to you!!! I just saw your thread. Looks like you have been through a lot recently too!!! Hugs to you and yours. :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
derbygal|1384235482|3554912 said:
Your ring is stunning. So sorry about your brother.

Derbygir, thank you!!

Stephen was one of a kind. He would not have wanted any of us to mourn. It was his way. I miss him a great deal, but I take great pleasure in the crazy times we has together. He would have expected nothing less.

:wavey:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely delicious! Those old mines look always so chunky and unique. Some day (far in future) I definately wanted one too!
Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! I love the bold and vintage look of old mines! Yours is stunning!!! The color looks great on you.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. All the best!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous ring!! Sorry to hear about your brother though.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1384237250|3554927 said:
Absolutely delicious! Those old mines look always so chunky and unique. Some day (far in future) I definately wanted one too!
Congrats!

Confection10

Thank you! I think there is something very captivating about them.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1384239268|3554934 said:
What a beauty! I love the bold and vintage look of old mines! Yours is stunning!!! The color looks great on you.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. All the best!

Acinom

Thank you. You have one of the most enviable rings on PS. High praise indeed from you.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1384240119|3554937 said:
It is a gorgeous ring!! Sorry to hear about your brother though.

Laila619

Thank you for your lovely comment! Very much appreciated.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Must... stop... reading... threads.... like... this....
:love: :lickout: :love: :lickout: :love:
...because I get too many ideas for the future. :mrgreen:

Congrats! Your ring is a stunner!
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love its faceting and the pastel reflections. Congrats on a beautiful ring!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! :love: Your new(to you) OMC is stunning. The thing I love most about OMCs is that they have character, and this baby definitely has loads of character. I love the color play too, it picks up colors beautifully. Congratulations on your ABSOLUTELY STUNNING new, old diamond!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am so sorry about your brother. (((Hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Susimoo, your new ring is absolutely g :love: rge :love: us!!! :love: :love: :love:
So full of personality and colors and beautiful faceting! Wear Tallulah in much health and happiness. :appl:
And Adam made such a lovely setting for you as well. :appl:

I am so sorry about your brother. May you wear this ring with good memories of the time you shared. (((Hugs))).

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love the colors it throws off!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Need to get a cushion one of these days, too! So how will you wear it given that you have a beautiful VC halo ring also?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
kalomeli|1384246644|3554960 said:
Must... stop... reading... threads.... like... this....
:love: :lickout: :love: :lickout: :love:
...because I get too many ideas for the future. :mrgreen:

Congrats! Your ring is a stunner!
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.

Kalomeli

Thank you!! You should get one!! Every girl needs one. :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Ashleigh|1384249090|3554970 said:
Wow, I love its faceting and the pastel reflections. Congrats on a beautiful ring!

Ashleigh

The colours are fab!!! Thank you! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
armywife13|1384250044|3554974 said:
Wow!!! :love: Your new(to you) OMC is stunning. The thing I love most about OMCs is that they have character, and this baby definitely has loads of character. I love the color play too, it picks up colors beautifully. Congratulations on your ABSOLUTELY STUNNING new, old diamond!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am so sorry about your brother. (((Hugs)))

Thank you, my dear friend! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1384254670|3554985 said:
Susimoo, your new ring is absolutely g :love: rge :love: us!!! :love: :love: :love:
So full of personality and colors and beautiful faceting! Wear Tallulah in much health and happiness. :appl:
And Adam made such a lovely setting for you as well. :appl:

I am so sorry about your brother. May you wear this ring with good memories of the time you shared. (((Hugs))).

Thank you Missy!! You another of Adam's PS darlings. Although I am sure there are times when we drive him nuts. :saint:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
lknvrb4|1384254950|3554987 said:
I love the colors it throws off!

Lknvrb4

Your beautiful cushion was one of my inspirations. So that is high praise indeed. Thank you.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
mom2boys|1384256081|3554993 said:
So pretty! Need to get a cushion one of these days, too! So how will you wear it given that you have a beautiful VC halo ring also?

You should and add to that fabulous collection of yours, :wink2:

I only wear my VC when I am going out, weekends etc. I am hard on my rings so I baby my halo and matching eternity. I normally wear my original yellow gold wedding band with various eternities but missed a solitaire. So the cushion will be a daily ring.

Thank you for your kind words.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
susimoo|1384256913|3555000 said:

I only wear my VC when I am going out, weekends etc. I am hard on my rings so I baby my halo and matching eternity. I normally wear my original yellow gold wedding band with various eternities but missed a solitaire. So the cushion will be a daily ring.

I just realized you have an AVC also...how does your new stone compare? What will you do w/ your AVC now that you have this beautiful OMC?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
mom2boys|1384257353|3555005 said:
susimoo|1384256913|3555000 said:

I just realized you have an AVC also...how does your new stone compare? What will you do w/ your AVC now that you have this beautiful OMC?

I traded my AVC in a long time ago to get my 1.7 RB from GOG. I loved that AVC but the dream at that time was to get as close to 2 carats in an ideal cut RB. It is the RB in my VC. I still adore it.

The AVC ended up in another PS'ers beautiful halo engagement ring. I like to think it stayed in the family. :bigsmile: So that takes away the pain. :lol:

As for comparing an ideal cut cushion to one cut over a hundred years ago, for me, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Both are beautiful but different. I would love to own another AVC one day. Then I will happily do a comparison thread. :bigsmile:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Susimoo, The OMC is amazing and the ring is beautiful and suits you PERFECTLY... :love: :love: :love:

I lost my little brother suddenly a 1 1/2 years ago, so I know what you must be going through.
BIG HUGS and may the Happy Memories live with you forever.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results