carat
color
clarity

Old Peruzzi - 1.8 G/SI1 (IGI)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For your viewing pleasure - WWW !

The complete listing shows aditional images from a dozen agles and the IGI report.

Since now these are beeing cut again, I keep wondering how such extreme proportions work out. Much that I can tell, the shape of the former octahedrom still shows through in the Adin stone !

Old habits die Hard ...

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Valeria- great to see you!
That is a kewl stone!!!
Did you know that Yoram is doing his best to revive the Peruzzi cut?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Right??
I love learning stuff from Yoram....for example: There's people who actually want stones with girdle chips. I can understand funky asymmetrical, but craving chips?
I guess it's like vintage guitars. Companies take a brand new guitar and "chunk it up"- scratches, burns, etc- and then consumers pay extra for it!
Or faded jeans.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'd love to see the settings that hold them!

cheers--Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right??
I love learning stuff from Yoram....for example: There's people who actually want stones with girdle chips.

How to explain ... I'd love 'naturals' - like the rough rock Brancusi left in the first Sleeping Muse ,-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to see the settings that hold them!

Potentially: This

[on the SJP page you can magnify - enough to see details of each crown ... ]

43924.jpg

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Right??
I love learning stuff from Yoram....for example: There's people who actually want stones with girdle chips. I can understand funky asymmetrical, but craving chips?
I guess it's like vintage guitars. Companies take a brand new guitar and "chunk it up"- scratches, burns, etc- and then consumers pay extra for it!
Or faded jeans.....

Hi Rockdiamond, I think the DBL description says that Yoram's "random cut" has what looks like chips on the girdle but they are actually naturals. Yoram took a piece of rough and preserved the naturals along the perimeter. Many people including myself don't care about the presence of naturals on a girdle, especially with old cuts. I also notice on the Gem Concepts site that one of the Peruzzi cuts looks like it has a few spots along the girdle that are "frosted" in appearance, which I think indicates that some of the rough was left behind in order to preserve shape, it would be interesting to know if that's the case. In any case, this makes the stone look more authentic IMO. Beautiful work as usual, Yoram!!

Last edited:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi LightBright- you are 100% correct- duh.
The term "chips" was poorly chosen.
Thank you for pointing it out.
There's many times a natural could be mistaken for a chip. Wrongly.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The term "chips" was poorly chosen.

Took it for a nice joke -)

The nicks seem right at home on a stone like that - whichever way they came about.

[ The again, your random cut with plumes seems even better than the one with naturals - to me. ]

Last edited:

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
You say peruzzi and I melt a little. I'm an old cut fan, and longing for a true antique 5 carat peruzzi. One day it will come. They are the most alluring in my opinion. I didn't see a photo of yours but I bet you know how special they are!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't see a photo of yours but I bet you know how special they are!

I do not have one. No plans ... In any case, new are as good as old in my book; I am only interested in the old jewels inasmuch as they show such great variation in this cut !

You remind me of something WWW -

[Now I notice: the small D linked above looks like the minute ghost of that astonishing ... ]

Last edited:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
These are delish! Want one too...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool stone! I am a big fan of everything Yoram cuts, incidentally! I'd love to have one of his Peruzzi's since I am unlikely to find a nice antique one. I do buy antique stones (one, so far) when I find excellent cut ones, though!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... when I find excellent cut ones, though!

I remain with the impression that original ones are - rare - any jewelry with diamonds dating back in the 1700s is, even small stones. [small works ?]

Not sure what excellent cut might have meant at the time - some proportions were proposesd in the 1800s, but, at that point, the already centenary cut model was getting round-cornered & furthered into early brilliants ... I remain with the impression that the D color mentioned above goes for a parallel history that could have been - optimizing optics without loosing the character of the Peruzzi cut !

Then again, perhaps I do not understand this cut: I tend to think of it as a bettered Table cut, still reminding the shape of octahedrons which provides symmetry - perhaps technically impossible otherwise.

Digressing ...

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this antique Perruzi! It is so interesting to learn about early diamond cuts! I knew nothing about them until I saw Yoram cutting some which interested me!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! thank you sooo much for the pointer.. what an interesting, beautiful diamond! always learning on PC..

peace.

For your viewing pleasure - WWW !

The complete listing shows aditional images from a dozen agles and the IGI report.

Since now these are beeing cut again, I keep wondering how such extreme proportions work out. Much that I can tell, the shape of the former octahedrom still shows through in the Adin stone !

Old habits die Hard ...

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow that is a ROCK! I would love to see something like that in person.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
wow that is a ROCK! I would love to see something like that in person.

I found this thread while researching Peruzzis (I currently have a 2.59 Mazarin-esque Peruzzi on hold). You actually can see this stone in person at the DIVA (Antwerp Diamond Museum). It's there until 2023 :)

@partgypsy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results