shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Miners Cut Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tspitalny

Rough_Rock
So, my mother gave me my grandmothers ring last night to offer to my future fiancee. She has her heart set on a three stone ring but that all changed when my mother gave me the ring.

I went into a jewelry to ask some questions about the ring and the jeweler told me it was a Miners Cut. My family came to the USA in in the 1900s from Russia. The ring was given to my grandmother in 1920s. It is about 1.25 carats with several small stones surrounding the band. What would be the estimated value of a stone like this? If I have the ring reset would i dramatically decrease the value?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
This is the kind of ring many of us covet. Please consider not resetting this (probably) beautiful, important heirloom. It has such history and importance to your family. Old stones can be just as valuable, or more, than new stones.

Maybe you can get her a three stone ring, also?

The stone in my avitar is a 100 year old Old Miners Cut. I searched it out and bought it. These are the type that make my heart beat fast. There are many old stone lovers here.

Any chance you can get us a photo of it? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results