shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Mine Ring

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hi, no, that's not an original setting. Someone took stones and had it made. My guess is 1985 and newer for the setting.

My guess is that the stones came from earrings. It may be the original basket on the stones at best.

The band is definitely new though. It's possible they took the stones in the baskets, cleaned them up and added the spiral band. They are just soldered on at points with the band going behind the basket.

Dlove

Rough_Rock
Hi, no, that's not an original setting. Someone took stones and had it made. My guess is 1985 and newer for the setting.

My guess is that the stones came from earrings. It may be the original basket on the stones at best.

The band is definitely new though. It's possible they took the stones in the baskets, cleaned them up and added the spiral band. They are just soldered on at points with the band going behind the basket.

Wow, thanks so much for that explanation! Is there anything you would look for in person when deciding whether to keep or not?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
The method of attachment would be a no go for me.

The baskets that hold the stones are soldered to the band. You will have to see it to see it looks well done and sturdy.

It comes down to what you think about the item and if you love it or not, and feel it's worth the price. To me, personally, it would not be. You could get a genuine antique mounting in more of a band style for similar money that would have nicer finishing.

If you like this style, look up harem rings. They are legitimately old, but can be hard to find.

Eta: harem ring example

Screenshot attached for my concern re: ring build.

Screenshot_20210428-103022.png

Dlove

Rough_Rock
The method of attachment would be a no go for me.

The baskets that hold the stones are soldered to the band. You will have to see it to see it looks well done and sturdy.

It comes down to what you think about the item and if you love it or not, and feel it's worth the price. To me, personally, it would not be. You could get a genuine antique mounting in more of a band style for similar money that would have nicer finishing.

If you like this style, look up harem rings. They are legitimately old, but can be hard to find.

Eta: harem ring example

Screenshot attached for my concern re: ring build.

Screenshot_20210428-103022.png

Oh wow thanks so much for sharing! I see what you mean. I will definitely look into that style.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a cool ring, but I agree with elizat’s concerns and would pass.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results