shape
carat
color
clarity

Old mine cut or oec sapphire

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
does anyone know where I can find old cut sapphires?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know peter Torraca will. I believe dan stair does. Most cutters could custom cut you one as well. Dan stair took my marquise and cut it into an antique moval.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Mjay you might check out this shop on Etsy, they have a genuine white sapphire oec plus several other antique cut ( natural and lab ). If you were looking for white. Might at least be a cheap way to see if you really like them.
https://etsy.me/2YytwAs

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious: how is the light return on OEC sapphires? Is there a reason they’re not usually cut this way?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious: how is the light return on OEC sapphires? Is there a reason they’re not usually cut this way?
Sapphires are usually cut to showcase the best colour possible, while maintaining as much brilliancy as possible. OEC cutting is at odds with what coloured stones are cut for. This is why even RB CS have different patterns than RB diamonds. It is possible to try to balance the OEC pattern and blue saturation but this will fall into the realm of custom cutting for the most part.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
I know peter Torraca will. I believe dan stair does. Most cutters could custom cut you one as well. Dan stair took my marquise and cut it into an antique moval.
I heard Peter does not cut for 'retail customers'. I wanted to buy a gem from Wildfish and have it recut later but Ed said he needs to ask Peter for me. That was last year.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard Peter does not cut for 'retail customers'. I wanted to buy a gem from Wildfish and have it recut later but Ed said he needs to ask Peter for me. That was last year.
I’ve had I’m cut things for me in the past. Things could have always changed tho

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results