shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Cut ring on Ebay

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
oh!! fortekitty!!

more than at the moradi stone I would also like you to take a look at the one I'll post in a sec

it's the one I found yesterday in a moment of extreme frustration

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Hi, diana - question? Was the diamond graded by GIA or a person who took the gia classes? GIA would never do this, and even if it is the latter, then how independent can the report be? And the part about he can get more momey from someone else, but wants you to have it, but you got to act quickly yadda yadda.

I do wish you luck if this is the diamond of your dreams, but be careful.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
from a semi-local seller. semi means I still need to catch a plane to see it.
But I have 5 (!) videos I can share via youtube, if the pic looks good enough.

It is more expensive, said to be a K SI3 (from unknown lab.. mmh!!), but to me it looks like the color grading should not be too far off and for the life of me I can't find the inclusions

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
forgot pic. here!

_107.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Also, did you see the diamond I posted a ways up from Ruby Lane. It might be worth a look.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1361905689|3390974 said:
Hi, diana - question? Was the diamond graded by GIA or a person who took the gia classes? GIA would never do this, and even if it is the latter, then how independent can the report be? And the part about he can get more momey from someone else, but wants you to have it, but you got to act quickly yadda yadda.

I do wish you luck if this is the diamond of your dreams, but be careful.

ruby, I am very thankful for your advice, and I take it serious.
the seller behavior is really fishy. that's why I am trying to hear from arkie.
From what I have seen online GIA does have an office in NY, and perhaps its employees would buy stones in a private setting (i.e., out of their function in the company?). I don't know.

But I have been quite clear in my reaction to this that we are not buying without a video and without return.
If it cannot work because he does not want to, it just means he has something to hide. At least, that's what I think

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I replied via DB messaging because your email address didn't show. Hope you got it.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Fk, I got it! Thank you so much :))
bI will respond as soon as we are done with dinner.
If I don't prepare something fast my boyfriend will eat me alive :bigsmile: b

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1361905938|3390981 said:
Also, did you see the diamond I posted a ways up from Ruby Lane. It might be worth a look.

ruby, I took a quick look at it back then because I was already focusing on the 3.96.
I will go back and consider it again :) thank you

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Fortekitty, I have no idea how to message privately on here, so I have sent you my personal email address to forward to DianaBarbara.

DianaBarbara, sorry you are having such a difficult time with this seller - I am not sure if he was O.K with me because I am an Aussie or its my "don't take no for an answer" attitude. I was very emphatic with him that if there was no GIA certificate and no return policy then he would NOT be seeing any money from me!!!! He didn't give me any videos, but I do have another pic of the stone in a different setting, if you get my direct email from Fortekitty I can send it to you and answer any other questions you might have.

Have you seen the 3.28 on Rubylane? It is another one I was looking at.....

Ruby59, I have to admit you have now got me thinking about the guy and the whole process I went through to get what he gave me from GIA. I did wonder why it wasn't a proper GIA certificate and he charged me a fortune to get it..... I doubt that he made up any of the specs on it, that part seems genuine because it would not make sense for him to make it come back many shades lower than what he was saying on ebay or with the other issues that it had. I was looking for things like internal graining etc and what he gave me does leave these things like this out. Maybe there is something else with the stone that we ALL don't know about that he is trying to evade, I am starting to wonder myself....

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
arkieb1|1361918705|3391195 said:
Hi Fortekitty, I have no idea how to message privately on here, so I have sent you my personal email address to forward to DianaBarbara.

DianaBarbara, sorry you are having such a difficult time with this seller - I am not sure if he was O.K with me because I am an Aussie or its my "don't take no for an answer" attitude. I was very emphatic with him that if there was no GIA certificate and no return policy then he would NOT be seeing any money from me!!!! He didn't give me any videos, but I do have another pic of the stone in a different setting, if you get my direct email from Fortekitty I can send it to you and answer any other questions you might have.

Have you seen the 3.28 on Rubylane? It is another one I was looking at.....

Ruby59, I have to admit you have now got me thinking about the guy and the whole process I went through to get what he gave me from GIA. I did wonder why it wasn't a proper GIA certificate and he charged me a fortune to get it..... I doubt that he made up any of the specs on it, that part seems genuine because it would not make sense for him to make it come back many shades lower than what he was saying on ebay or with the other issues that it had. I was looking for things like internal graining etc and what he gave me does leave these things like this out. Maybe there is something else with the stone that we ALL don't know about that he is trying to evade, I am starting to wonder myself....

thank you girls for being so incredibly helpful, and thank you PS for making these conversations possible!!

Arkieb, i think sometimes being *emphatic* helps a lot. Since he did not agree on a standard return with me, it's evident that I still need to practice a bit in this :twirl:

I have seen the 3.28. It could be a very nice stone, I think. I am having a really hard time trying to visualize it out of the setting (which I personally really dislike). My impression from the handshot is that of a stone that is much warmer than K. But I could be completely wrong. Have you tried to contact the seller? Maybe this time it will work better :))

a quick comment on the GIA 'preliminary certificate' he sent. Does GIA even issue documents like that?
In an e-mail he referred to the person who evaluated the stone as a friend living in NYC and working for GIA.
He also said the official report would be arriving soon (he said Monday or Tuesday). Was the certificate supposed to be shipped to him or to you, Arkieb?

on the other hand, imagine you wanted to purchase the stone after having paid for a certificate. I doubt he would have wanted to find himself in the situation to say 'sorry, the report I showed you was a fake one'

suspicion, suspicion.. :???:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIA-Round-Brilliant-Diamond-J-SI1-Platinum-Ring-/360327385876?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item53e52f9314

When you mentioned about the setting on the last one, I remembered this. It might be smaller than you are looking for but it is GIA SI1J.I believe 3 other PS vendors have access to the diamond as well and could give you their impression of it. And the setting is gorgeous. Downside is that I believe there are no returns.

This one came up when Hippi was looking. I believe it got a favorable impression on PS, and there is a thread on it.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Ruby, that's a beautiful stone!
The pattern is very pleasing :) Thank you for sharing.
Aside of the size, I am a bit uncomfortable with the no-return policy of the seller.

I will keep it in mind, though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dianabarbara|1361969615|3391659 said:
Aside of the size, I am a bit uncomfortable with the no-return policy of the seller.

That is a pretty diamond. I would want a more recent cert from gia though as it is from 2007.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
missy|1361972174|3391675 said:

That is a pretty diamond. I would want a more recent cert from gia though as it is from 2007.

Hi Missy!

did something change in the evaluation guidelines of GIA since then?
I noticed it is classified as a round brilliant there. Maybe OECs were introduced later?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dianabarbara said:
missy|1361972174|3391675 said:

Hi Missy!

did something change in the evaluation guidelines of GIA since then?
I noticed it is classified as a round brilliant there. Maybe OECs were introduced later?

Hi Diana, I would want to make sure it was still in the same condition. 5&1/2 years is a long time. Did someone own it during that time and is it still in pristine condition etc.

PS ate my first reply to you but this is the main point I was trying to make.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ah, it's an excellent point.
I did not think about this..

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
DianaBarbara, this diamond is discussed on Hippi's thread. I believe I asked the same question and someone explained it to me. It is not uncommon for gia to classify OEC's as round brilliants.

I was looking at that diamond for a time and was concerned about the no return policy. That is when someone suggested you have one of the PS vendors bring the stone in as it is listed on the data base.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
this is an interesting option. But then I guess the stone would have to part from the ring?
I'll go read into the thread :))

ruby, you are a resourceful woman! Have you considered the possibility to have a local vendor getting the stone for you?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. To be honest, I have been considering it.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
arkieb, thank you for the hint!

it does look like a nice ring :)

I hope someone will be interested in a larger stone and consider your find!

Things with the seller of the 3.96 got more and more weird and we decided not to go through with the purchase.
I'm actually really really happy we didn't!!

I came back from London right yesterday night and... here is the story!! ;))

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-italo-german-british-tale-our-old-european-engagement.186397/#post-3395857#p3395857']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-italo-german-british-tale-our-old-european-engagement.186397/#post-3395857#p3395857[/URL]

thanks so much for being so helpful all the way :)

I wish you all the best finding a dream ring too!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whoooohoooo! congrats! I just posted in your other thread too. Love a happy ending ::)

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
YAY!!! :naughty: thank you, girl!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results