shape
carat
color
clarity

Old cut help please!!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9C4152F6-8551-4DED-8605-CFE2E736C309.png C7395413-5F77-44F9-B374-6C351835CBDB.png Hi everyone,

I bought a ring off of eBay just for fun and because I have zero self control for an old pretty setting. I paid very, very little so I wasn’t that concerned with the center stone. Well as it turns out I am OBSESSED with it. Now I really want to find a stone that is similar but bigger, as this one is tiny, maybe .35/.40. I have forever wanted a Van Craeynest setting and I’d i could find a stone similar to the one I have in cut between .5 and .9 I would be very, very happy! But I’m not sure what I’m looking at, my best guess is a late old cut transitional. I am seeing a small cutlet, although maybe it’s bigger than I think, and I don’t think I am seeing a teeny tiny table. Here are the pics from eBay that are much better than any I can take. Any help as to what I am looking at would be much appreciated, and if anyone sees anything like this even much bigger than I’ve asked about on jewels by Grace especially I would love to see!!

Thank you!

Reactions: AV_

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe this is an Old European Cut, based on the petals in the center, I have an OEC with a large table so the fact that it's not small isn't a definite tip off to a transitional.

It is a very pretty ring though, love the design :kiss2:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking I might be happy with an August vintage but I would prefer to find something bigger that’s an antique stone!

Thank you!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking I might be happy with an August vintage but I would prefer to find something bigger that’s an antique stone!

Thank you!

Yes, I understand. I love quirky, old stones.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wondering if the stone is on the shallower side? I think I have noticed this before on stones with very bright centers where the pavilion center
looks bigger (not the table). Does that make sense? Probably not. Can you look at the side view and figure out if the stone is on the shallower side?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does your stone resemble this one (the first stone posted)? I think your stone is an Early Modern Brilliant, yes sometimes called “late Transitional”. Read what I said about it. You can find them in bigger sizes usually sub 1 carat as they were cut in the early 1940s. Your’s looks like it has fatter “petals”, smaller LGF percentage which makes it a hybrid look. So it might take some time if ever to find one exactly like it. Contact Adam at Old World Diamonds or Alex Park at Parks Fine Group.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...this-stone-a-transitional-cut-diamond.250978/

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will try to get a better view :). It doesn’t look so much like the one in the link but it does have very fat petals. There’s just no circle at the center that’s open

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So there is a culet or no culet because your first post said there was a small one and your latest says there isn't?

If there is no culet then it can't be an OEC.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results