shape
carat
color
clarity

Old cut diamond pawn shop find!

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
Hi All :)

Long time lurker, first time poster here! Ever since I discovered Pricescope about a year ago I think I have caught the jewel-bug! Especially for diamonds! OLD CUT diamonds! Finally, after much umm-ing and ahh-ing I've decided to make my first post about my little old (mine?) cut diamond ring that I found at a local pawn shop!

I am a bit scarce on the stats, it was sold as an old cut diamond 4.80 x 5.10 x 3.00 approximately 0.4 carats.

You can really see its colour from the side angle, but the little stone faces up quite white! I think that might have something to do with its fluorescence - I have a dark light at home and when I put the ring under it, it glows quite a bright blue! The facets are really haphazard and uneven, I thought at first there was a huge chip in the stone but it turned out to be one enormous facet! It might not be the most breathtaking or perfect diamond, but I love it for its character :) A good starter ring to quell (or at least appease!) my new-found obsession!

img_5744.jpg

img_5735.jpg

img_5736.jpg

img_5738.jpg

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
More pics! You can really see the cutlet here :)

Throwing this out to the experts... would this be categorised as an old mine cut? I've seen some beauties on here, but they all have really nice facet patterns, whereas this stone just seems to be cut at all kinds of irregular angles! Any ideas??

img_5740.jpg

img_5742.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! It looks fantastic on your beautiful slender fingers. Great find.

I would guess that you are correct and your diamond is an OMC. The experts will weigh in soon I'm sure. Enjoy that beauty!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a cute ring! Nice setting, too. I'd call it an OMC :))

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Just came on here to say you have got gorgeous hands! That diamond looks huge on you too.
It does look like an Old Mine Cute to me. Very pretty. GReat find!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Just came on here to say you have got gorgeous hands! That diamond looks huge on you too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring! Love the setting, looks really nice on you! I'd say OMC too.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Pretty OMC! You have such slender hands!!!!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
I like it and understand your obsession.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
briolette|1383926978|3552781 said:

I was just about to say this - with your slender fingers, a 1+ ct would look enormous.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty, love that culet.
What color is on your nails? It's fab and a half.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome find! I'm jealous. :love:

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
Aw! Thanks for the replies everyone :) Now I know that - YES! - I have an OMC!

Ahh geez, This forum is addictive! Like I say, the more you know, the more you want! Haha :lol:

Oh and Texaskj! Nail colour is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Cherry Red :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your omc looks so big on your hand!!! It's a very pretty ring. The OMC really stands out on your hand.
I am an old cut lover too. They have such character and personality!

I so agree with the other posters: your hand and nails are gorgeous to the max.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
You did well, a great find and I'll bet you had lots of fun looking - it can be quite an obsession but a good one :naughty: :wavey:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
quietlysw|1383982276|3553267 said:
Aw! Thanks for the replies everyone :) Now I know that - YES! - I have an OMC! :D

Ahh geez, This forum is addictive! Like I say, the more you know, the more you want! Haha :lol:

Oh and Texaskj! Nail colour is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Cherry Red :)

Definitely addictive but in a super fun way! Congrats on your ring. What a terrific "find"! :D

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring - congratulations! :appl: I look into pawn shops from time to time, but I haven't yet had any luck finding old cut bargains.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results