shape
carat
color
clarity

Old cut diamond cluster ring

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! Wanted to share my impulse eBay purchase- a (Victorian, I think?) cluster ring, sold to me as containing approximately 1.35 ctw of old cut diamonds. Center stone is definitely an OMC and others are supposedly OECs but they're all pretty wonky. Sold as 14k yg but the metal seems rosy to me and matches my rose gold bands better than my yellow gold ones.

image-2291061719.jpg

image-843576767.jpg

image-6794007.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Has some serious finger coverage

image-2940570754.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Love the setting and the puffy profile of the center stone!

Thanks for looking!

image-436891855.jpg

image-3967382054.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love love looove this ring! Super cute and fat wonky OMCs :love:

I like the gold color too :)) Looks great on you!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
What a charming ring! I really like it with your band, is that a Van Craeynest? Colors of gold look like a perfect match.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I get so excited when I see a new SMTB post from you because I know I'll love it. And this did not disappoint! What a beauty!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That ring is darling!!! It looks fantastic on you! Great find :))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA!

What a fun ring! - and what great sparkle potential! Enjoy it!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Love it - and it looks great on you!

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love your VC band--which style # is it?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a fantastic find, Hathalove!! RG is just the perfect metal for you- and to my eyes, that's RG not YG. Loving the old cuts --- great purchase! enjoy!!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the lovely compliments!

Sandycheeks, good eye! It is a van craeynest band. :)
Plummiecat, this is the 917 band in 18k rg with diamonds.

I had planned on wearing this ring as a rhr but I am really liking how it looks alongside the VC band... Trying to screw up the courage to wear it on my left hand by telling myself these cluster rings were once worn as engagement rings (or am I making that up?) Either way, I'm enjoying wearing it like this for now!

image-4028572117.jpg

image-1447341938.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1370722774|3461686 said:
That's a fantastic find, Hathalove!! RG is just the perfect metal for you- and to my eyes, that's RG not YG. Loving the old cuts --- great purchase! enjoy!!

I meant KsMom- but I had just been looking at another ring posted by hathalove and it was on my mind... I'm sorry Ksmom!! I knew it was you... but I own and operate a very feeble mind... apologies for my error!! :oops:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring does have serious finger coverage! I love the quirky charm of old cut cluster rings. Love it with the VC band. (You can totally wear it on your right hand with the VC band if you like them together but don't want to wear it on your left! I have several rings that I wear with bands on my right hand. There's no law about how many rings you can wear on any given finger!)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, they sure don't do clusters like they did in the past, do they! :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. It looks great on your hand.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its very pretty and it looks like its in really good shape. Nice find!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous!! What size and those babies??? The finger coverage is fabulous and it looks terrific with your band!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi said:
I meant KsMom- but I had just been looking at another ring posted by hathalove and it was on my mind... I'm sorry Ksmom!! I knew it was you... but I own and operate a very feeble mind... apologies for my error!! :oops:

No worries at all Enerchi, I knew you meant me! :) I'm sure your mind is far less feeble than mine, I'm going on 3 years of poor sleep with my sleep-allergic toddler so I am loopy more often than not!

Thanks for the kind words!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
distracts said:
Wow, that ring does have serious finger coverage! I love the quirky charm of old cut cluster rings. Love it with the VC band. (You can totally wear it on your right hand with the VC band if you like them together but don't want to wear it on your left! I have several rings that I wear with bands on my right hand. There's no law about how many rings you can wear on any given finger!)

Now why didn't I think of that! Thanks for the tip distracts! The ring is actually too loose on my left hand and fits better on my right ring finger... Hmm maybe that's a sign its meant to go there. ;-)

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
madelise said:
Gosh, they sure don't do clusters like they did in the past, do they! :love: :love:

So true, Madelise! I've been on the look out for one for a while, but it's these Victorian-looking ones that really appealed to me. :)

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
yennyfire said:
It is gorgeous!! What size and those babies??? The finger coverage is fabulous and it looks terrific with your band!

Thank you Yenny! :) the seller said the center stone is 35 points and the side stones are 11-14 points each.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Marcyc, tyty- thanks for your kind words!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous!!!! What a great find. I'm personally OBSESSED with cluster rings and just love this so much - enjoy it for many years to come. It looks amazing on you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that's a wonderful find. I love it!! :appl:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a great find. Very pretty and love the overall shape of the ring. It does look more pink than yellow for sure. I actually love it with the plain band more. I know you said the other band was VC but where is the plain pink band from? Is it 14k or 18k?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING finger coverage!! It's beautiful!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is so fun! :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I really love this. It's a dazzling statement piece if you ask me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results