shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay now, all you pregnant (or at one time pregnant) laides, help me out here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
How soon after you first conceived did you start feeling *different?* What I''m basically asking is if this is an instant thing, or if it takes some time. I''ve read I don''t know how many websites on the net, and they all offer differing advice. I suppose it is different for each woman, but I can''t determine if in general the "symptoms" take a while to show up or not.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a gut feeling immediately, before I missed my period. I just knew this was the time I conceived. Then, even before I was late, I had symptoms. I could taste metal in my mouth (increased blood flow, more iron), my hair would not curl and I had ultra heightened smell sensitivity like never before.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know when I conceived with James. I started to feel differently after about a week. I started to feel really tired, going to the bathroom more and feeling a bit sickly, especially in the late evening.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Arg.....computer ate my response!

Trying again.....

I didn''t know I was preggo until I went to my doctor and took a test there. My DH and I were trying, but after weeks of being tired beyond belief, no period and several negative tests at home I decided to make an appt to see what was going on. Turns out I was testing too early and was indeed pregnant.

For me the pregnancy wasn''t "real" until we saw our little bean for the first time when I had an ultrasound around 9 weeks.

~Jess

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I had absolutely no idea...but I starting coming home after work and falling asleep on the sofa--very rare for me. And the smell of/thought of eating pork made me gag......

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think my first symptom was my boobs. They got huge and they hurt!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first symptom (though I didn''t know it at the time) was really greasy hair. I would still feel dirty after I washed it in the shower and I even had to change brands (from dry to oily). Then at around 3 weeks I started having upper back pain and the *sides* of my boobs were sore. I got my first positive HPT at 3.5 weeks.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t feel any symptoms, and thought there was no way I''d be pregnant, but I must have had some strange gut feeling because I took a test right when my period was due. So I found out very early.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had several miscarriages, and each time I KNEW I was pregnant immediately because I had REALLY sensitive boobs, and threw up from before I missed my period. When I got pregnant with my son (carried to term), I did NOT know I was pregnant and didn''t even believe the test when it came out positive. I was about 7 weeks when I started with the morning sickness with him, but before that, I had no indications. But, it didn''t seem REAL until I felt him move the first time. I was right at 12 weeks. (they say that''s too early, but I felt it). I was walking through Walmart and it felt like a large bug landed on my shirt. I "brushed" it away and felt it again. I teared up right there in the middle of the aisle.

My sis didn''t know until she was pregnant until she was 8 weeks along (she never missed a period and had no indicators).
Now, my mom (who''s had 4 children) says that she knew from the day she conceived.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
The first time, I had a hungover feeling for 3 days and my boobs were killing me which was unusual for me since I never had that as a pms symptom. This time, as strange as it sounds, I just knew almost immediately. I had a weird intuitive feeling that I tried to ignore since it was unplanned but I was right. As soon as I was 2 days late, I tested and sure enough it was positive. No symptoms. Just a sense...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I got my very first symptoms the day before my missed period, although I didn''t know they were pregnancy symptoms at the time. It was Black Friday; my parents and sis were in town for Thanksgiving. We went shopping and I started feeling dizzy while walking around. I had to hang on the DH to walk. When we got back to our car and on our way home, I felt nauseous and had a really bad headache. At the time, I thought I was tired and had lack of sleep since that usually happen when my parents are in town.

After that, I didn''t really have any symptoms. I missed my period, so I tested 4 days after and I was pg. Then my boobs were sore and I was always tired. That''s all the symptoms I had during first trimester. If we were ttc-ing and my cycle wasn''t so textbook regular, then I probably wouldn''t had known so soon.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I had a bit of a "sense" before my missed period too, but I kept telling myself to stop imagining things.
2.gif
My first physical symptom was probably sore boobs, but I get that as a PMS symptom anyway. I also noticed some heartburn (unusual for me) and had to pee a lot more than usual... both around 10 days post ovulation. Oh, and my ketchup chips tasted "off"!
31.gif

Just some info to clarify things: most early pregnancy symptoms are related to the production of HCG, and HCG is not produced until implantation occurs (usually 7-10 days after ovulation). So the earliest you could *really* feel anything is a week after conceiving. But a lot of people develop "phantom" symptoms each month because they have their hopes up so high... even to the extent of physical pain and vomiting! The mind is a very powerful thing. Overall, early PG symptoms are very similar to PMS symptoms, which can be frustrating.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My first symptom that I was preggo was teenage-like acne. I broke out like I was 15 again....that I and was so incredibly exhausted. I thought I was preggo and took a test the week I missed my period and it was negative. I took another test a week later to prove to myself I wasn''t preggo and I got a positive. I don''t know if I had an intuition I was pregnant in a beautiful, maternal, I just "know" way or I was just trying to prove to myself there was a reason for my acne!
3.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the first one, I just wasn''t sure about anything, because it was the first. Sensitive boobs I recall, and old fashioned 2-hour home pregnancy test. Plus I was doing the basal body temp. thing and that was doing what it should do. With the second one, I think I knew literally the next day. My head started spinning, I think with a hormonal shift. I just knew. Got confirmation within a week, so it was really quick. Everyone is different.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 7:28:45 AM
Author:fisherofmengirly
How soon after you first conceived did you start feeling *different?* What I'm basically asking is if this is an instant thing, or if it takes some time. I've read I don't know how many websites on the net, and they all offer differing advice. I suppose it is different for each woman, but I can't determine if in general the 'symptoms' take a while to show up or not.

Oooh... I have to ask, fisher... do you think you might be PG?
4.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I never expected to get pregnant on the very first try (wedding night
2.gif
)--but i think i had an inkling that it indeed happened b/c i took pregnancy tests with me on my honeymoon, knowing i would be away for several weeks. When i tested while away (too early) I was admittedly surprised to get a negative. I just felt *different*
In the first couple of weeks i developed some signs, the most telling: peeing a lot. Then my boobs started to get bigger and i was not wanting my morning coffee. When I tested again after returning from my trip I was not surprised to get the positive.

Morning sickness did not kick in till a little later (week 6-8ish) and the boobs grew quick in the first 6 weeks (then stopped)

Some women get no signs at all--as Tgal mentioned

There is a huge variation in ppl''s experiences it seems.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Interestingly enough, my boobs weren''t as sensitive as when I get my PMS.
They did get alot bigger faster though.
I did notice that I have this insatiable appetite starting around wk 3/4 (and my cycle is about 27 days).
Other than that, I feel pretty normal.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My first symptom has always been my breasts getting very sore and tender to the touch. This is my fifth pregnancy and completely, completely a surprise. With the girls, I knew right away because my breasts hurt and I had heartburn like crazy. But they were also planned pregnancies. I had my ovulation timed and knew that I wanted to get pregnant those times, so I was watching for all the symptoms. When I felt my breasts start to hurt, I just knew, even before my first missed period, that I was pregant.

I knew something was not right this time when my breasts started to hurt and I had that general bloated pms feeling. I kept thinking there is no way I can be pregnant, even after the 4th HPT!!
23.gif

I still can't believe that I am pregnant though. We were so careful and I was on birth control and I don't even remember having sex around that time. Oh well, go figure!

ETA: Like Diamondfan, I too just had a gut feeling that I was pregnant with my girls. Almost like I knew we had concieved. But not with this one.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been pregnant four times, but only two kids. With both boys, my breasts were sore like I was PMSing, but they hurt SO MUCH more that I knew something was up. One of the other pregnancies was right after I got off the pill to TTC and bought a pregnancy test even though I didn't have any symptoms and wasn't late! I just was hoping. Turned positive, but then I started my period, so I have no idea what happened. The other time was just a few years back when I had in an IUD. My period never came and I began having tremendous baby urges, but miscarried. It's very rare to get pregnant w/an IUD, but I guess it does happen.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
You were on bc when you got preggo, Butterfly??!!! OMG....that makes me so nervous (only b/c I am on bc and dont want to be preggo right now)...Did you miss any pills or anything? What were you taking, if you dont mind me asking?
6.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I have had two miscarriages...and are now in the process of IVF...but each time I''ve been preggers, I''ve noticed I have a hard time concentrating and focusing in on what people are saying to me--like I''ve suddenly gone dumb. Also, I "feel" like I''m having period, but I don''t...if you know what I mean. My breasts become very tender and slightly painful. I also have horrible morning sickness, the thought of food makes me ill almost all day long, I have to *force* myself to eat. Likewise, I also lose 95% of my sex drive, and am very turned off when it comes to the idea of love making.

I''m hoping and praying to feel this yucky again soon....I''d love to hate sex, have sore boobs, gag at the the idea of food, and ask people to repeat themselves several times!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 1:08:11 PM
Author: Sha

How soon after you first conceived did you start feeling *different?* What I''m basically asking is if this is an instant thing, or if it takes some time. I''ve read I don''t know how many websites on the net, and they all offer differing advice. I suppose it is different for each woman, but I can''t determine if in general the ''symptoms'' take a while to show up or not.

4.gif
Ditto. Are you feeling symptoms?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Within a week after I ovulated, my boobs were sore and I had cramps. I definitely had lots of phantom feelings that made me think I was pregnant in the months before and I wasn''t. The mind can play tricks on you! So this time around I didn''t know for sure. At about 11 and 12 DPO, I had some implantation bleeding accompanied with period like cramps. When the bleeding had stopped by the day my period was due, I had an inkling that I was pregnant. Then the tiredness kicked in. A few days after my missed period I saw my first positive HPT! I still can''t believe I''m pregnant! Italiahaircolor''s comment about suddenly becoming dumb is so true That''s how I feel now. I''m so out of it. I have a hard time concentrating and remembering things!

Italiahaircolor, lots of baby dust to you!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 7:49:38 PM
Author: snlee

Date: 2/25/2008 1:08:11 PM
Author: Sha

How soon after you first conceived did you start feeling *different?* What I''m basically asking is if this is an instant thing, or if it takes some time. I''ve read I don''t know how many websites on the net, and they all offer differing advice. I suppose it is different for each woman, but I can''t determine if in general the ''symptoms'' take a while to show up or not.

4.gif
Ditto. Are you feeling symptoms?
A little bit, yes. Although, I don''t know what those symptoms would be, exactly. I''m really, really tired. All the time. Not like me. I''m kind of *fuzzy* in my head, like things take a while to really sink in. I''ve gotten acne on my chin area and I''ve never had acne before. Not more than a random bump every now and then as a teenager. It''s odd. I have this kind of blury-headed fog/headache thing going on that my mom swears was her "pregnancy alert" every time she was pregnant. I have not really the pukey feeling, but more like the "rolling pukes," where you feel like you''re going to puke for ten minutes, and then you''re fine again.

I don''t know, but this is the closest I''ve ever felt to being pregnant (and yes, I realize just how stupid that statement sounds, but just try to follow me here), but there are people at sick who have had this flu-like thing with some of the same symptoms (foggy head, rolling pukey feeling), so it could be that. I don''t know.

I should know when the beginning of the month comes around, I guess. I went to that yourdays.com thing, and it said that I was "fertile" about a week ago up to a few days ago, so I think that would mean it''d be a long shot chance that I''m pregnant, since that would be TOO soon to be feeling anything. I''m not sure. It''s probably just the icky feelings going around the office at work.

Probably.

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
My first symptom of being pregnant was the feeling that my uterus was just flopping around in my pelvis! It felt seriously wierd--when I walked or jogged, it felt like it was just like jello! This was just a few days after conception. I just remember how strange it felt. Also, after I found out I was pregnant (about 5 weeks) my boobs started to hurt so bad that I started wearing a sports bra 24/7. I couldn''t tolerate going without it! Unfortunately, 3 years later, I still wear a sports bra 24/7! My hubby thinks it is SO sexy!
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 8:03:20 PM
Within a week after I ovulated, my boobs were sore and I had cramps. I definitely had lots of phantom feelings that made me think I was pregnant in the months before and I wasn't. The mind can play tricks on you! So this time around I didn't know for sure. At about 11 and 12 DPO, I had some implantation bleeding accompanied with period like cramps. When the bleeding had stopped by the day my period was due, I had an inkling that I was pregnant. Then the tiredness kicked in. A few days after my missed period I saw my first positive HPT! I still can't believe I'm pregnant! Italiahaircolor's comment about suddenly becoming dumb is so true That's how I feel now. I'm so out of it. I have a hard time concentrating and remembering things!

Is it normal to bleed before your expected period when you're pregnant? I would never have thought of that as a sign of pregnancy!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The metallic taste was the worst, and nothing tasted right to me. I was also tired to the point of needing a nap after breakfast.

Morning sickness (all day sickness for 9 months) was unbearable but only happened severely with my third. My first two I had more aversions than cravings but did not really throw up. Wished I would, because feeling on the verge stinks.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 5:06:27 PM
Author: Dani
You were on bc when you got preggo, Butterfly??!!! OMG....that makes me so nervous (only b/c I am on bc and dont want to be preggo right now)...Did you miss any pills or anything? What were you taking, if you dont mind me asking?
6.gif

Dani, yes, I have been on Depo-provera for about 9 months. I was planning on getting my tubes tied actually, but doing this in the meantime until I was ready.
The other wierd part is that I really can''t remember "doing it" around the time I would have conceived. I should have conceived around the 31st of December and it just doesn''t seem right. I worked the 30th, went to a party the 31st, and then worked the 1st and the 2nd. It''s just odd.
23.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 9:26:03 PM
Author: butterfly 17

Date: 2/25/2008 5:06:27 PM
Author: Dani
6.gif

Dani, yes, I have been on Depo-provera for about 9 months. I was planning on getting my tubes tied actually, but doing this in the meantime until I was ready.
The other wierd part is that I really can''t remember ''doing it'' around the time I would have conceived. I should have conceived around the 31st of December and it just doesn''t seem right. I worked the 30th, went to a party the 31st, and then worked the 1st and the 2nd. It''s just odd.
23.gif
Maybe it was the 29th and one little guy hung out for a good long while.
1.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 8:52:00 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly

Date: 2/25/2008 8:03:20 PM
Within a week after I ovulated, my boobs were sore and I had cramps. I definitely had lots of phantom feelings that made me think I was pregnant in the months before and I wasn''t. The mind can play tricks on you! So this time around I didn''t know for sure. At about 11 and 12 DPO, I had some implantation bleeding accompanied with period like cramps. When the bleeding had stopped by the day my period was due, I had an inkling that I was pregnant. Then the tiredness kicked in. A few days after my missed period I saw my first positive HPT! I still can''t believe I''m pregnant! Italiahaircolor''s comment about suddenly becoming dumb is so true That''s how I feel now. I''m so out of it. I have a hard time concentrating and remembering things!

Is it normal to bleed before your expected period when you''re pregnant? I would never have thought of that as a sign of pregnancy!!

From what I know, at least some stuff that I have been reading,
2.gif
it is normal to have implantation bleeding about 7 to 10 days (usually the 8th day) after ovulation. That is the time it takes for the fertilized egg to travel down the fallopian tubes, find a nice comfortable place in the uterus and start implanting itself in the blood-enriched lining that has been waiting for it''s arrival. If a fertilized egg doesn''t implant, then a few days later you get what you know as your period.

During this process some women experience what is known as implantation bleeding or spotting (not enough to notice on your underwear, but enough that you notice it when you wipe with a tissue). Some women get it just once and others have it last a few days.

Sometimes there is also some cramping or slight pain during the implantation, which is normal as well.

Of course not all women get this and some who do, dismiss it as a light period, that is until they never get that period. Then of course, it''s time for the HPT!!
36.gif

I hope this helps!! I myself had implantation bleeding with my two girls, but not with my other pregnancies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results