shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, trying this again. Need setting help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Didn''t know I wasn''t supposed to post links. My apologies. Anyway here''s the first setting I"m considering. It has 3/4 carats of diamonds in it. There''s a cushion pave around a round center stone, a smaller round diamond on either side and pave 3/4 of the way around the band. It''s from Jared and it''s not as well made as the others I''m considering. However it''s vintage, yet classy. I''m looking for something that won''t go out of style and emphasizes the center stone.

Jaredsetting.jpg

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Setting number 2 is a round halo. It just seems like everyone has these, they''re beautiful but I want my setting to be unique.

roundhalo2.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Setting 3 is by the same local jeweler.

roundstones2.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
This is a side view of setting #3. It has a tiny diamond shape with a tiny diamond chip. There''s also a beautiful matching wedding band that has a heart with a diamond chip on it where the diamond is on the engagement ring. Sorry the pics are so blurry. The pic doesn''t do the craftmanship and detail justice.

sideview4.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
This is the 4th setting from the same local jeweler. It''s similar to #3 with the pave along part of the band and the intricate filagree on the ring but it has two pear shaped diamonds on either side of the center stone.

pearrings23.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #3.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3 too. What size center stone do you have and what is the budget for the setting? Also do you want a halo or a three stone? Or which would you prefer?

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
The center stone will be right around 1 carat round. All of the settings fall into the budget ($2000 or less). #3 has a matching wedding band that''s amazing and I fell in love with. I love halos but worry that they''re slightly trendy and might be out of style years from now. I want something that''s classy, classic, and beautiful. Also something that''s slightly vintage and unique.

I''m not a huge fan of the three stone unless the two other stones are smaller like the ones in the settings I posted.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
From the top view I like #4 with the pear side stones. I do wonder what its profile looks like as that''s usually a deal breaker for me on most settings.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
The profile of #4 is basically the same as the profile of #3. The only thing with #4 was that it made the round stone look more square than the #3 setting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Put me in #3 camp. (though I might really like 1 if there were better views)

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
#1 is quite pretty but it''s from Jared so the quality isn''t the best and it doesn''t have the intricacy of the other rings.

ashleyvictoria

Rough_Rock
I think number 3 is absolutely beautiful!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the #3 list.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #3!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Ideally I liked halos but I''m feeling like a lot of people have them and they''re a trend. I also thought a lot about what I want in an engagement ring and I''m not convinced it is a halo. Maybe a CZ ring with a halo around it to wear on another finger possibly in the future. BF and I are going to another local jeweler today so I may have more pics to post later. I also will try to get a pic of the matching wedding band for #3.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:34:44 PM
Author: akmiss
I think that you better get a halo because it sounds as if that is what you really want. The Jared setting doesn''t really do it for me but there are tons of great halo settings for under $2000.

here are some of my favorites

www.since1910.com/Jewelry/Settings/Details/tabid/198/Default.aspx?Product=1269

www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=203&rn=1082&action=show_detail

AK that Vatche Pave Grace Setting is YUMMY
18.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
out of what you posted, I like #4 but like a lot of finger coverage myself. I love halo''s but they aren''t for everyone. If you feel they are trendy don''t do it. I have one and have had it for almost 5 yrs now. I''m still in love with it but I had always wanted one. Been a fan of vintage looks since I could remember. You will find THE one..it''s like your wedding dress...you''ll know it when you see it! GL
35.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like #3 is THE ONE but they''re all so beautiful! I guess we''ll see if I find any new contenders today :)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think # 3 is my favorite
35.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results