shape
carat
color
clarity

OK, need help in Santa Barbra, CA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DobasD03

Rough_Rock
The ring is on its way, no turning back there. So, I am going with the gf to Simi Valley, California for Christmas to see her family. While there, we are going to go to San Luis Obispo. On the way back, I am going to have her go through Santa Barbra. Now here is where the fun begins. I am going to do it somewhere there. I will tell her that i have a late christmas present. Long story short, she refuses to buy, or even look at a bridal magazine until she is engaged, but she says that is the first thing she is going to do after she is engaged. So, i am going to wrap up a bridal magazine in a shirt box and let her open that. That is when i will do it. SOOOOOOOOOOO, i need help on a couple things:

a. Is it traditional to ask the parents before or after the proposal, and if so, how long ahead should that be?
b. Where in Santa Barbra would be a good place to do this, i.e. such and such beach, or somthing gardens, etc... I have never been there
c. restaraunts/hotel suggestions in Santa Barbra... (limited budget of a struggling grad student who just spent $5k on a ring
emsmile.gif
)

Thanks in advance...
p.s....what do you all think of the magazine idea?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Love the magazine idea! Unfortunately, I know nothing of Santa Barbara.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
a. It''s traditional to talk to the parents (I wouldln''t say "ask" but that''s just me) before the proposal, but it''s entirely up to you--you could also tell them together as a newly engaged couple.

b. Santa Barbara is STUNNING. I haven''t been there in a few years, but there are several piers/parks down along the water, and there''s also this huge public rose garden directly across from the Santa Barbara Mission that might be good if the weather is ok...Really, it is a beautiful place so you can''t go wrong.

c. I''d go online and see what''s around...I stayed there w/ my bf like 7 years ago and now I don''t remember where we went, BUT I remember the choices for restaurants were seemingly endless...not just in town but out on the pier over the water. Sorry I can''t be more specific, but I think you could certainly find something on a budget--it is a college town, after all!

LOVE the magazine idea...very cute

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results