shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, I just fell in love ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
with these twins. Ok, I know they are soft, but wouldn''t they be lovely as earrings?

Such a minty green!

win

PS They are AMBLYGONITE, a stone new to me, but very lovely.

ambly.jpg

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
I've never heard of that stone before, but what a lovely color. You're right, they would make beautiful earrings!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/2/2004 8:49:26 PM winyan wrote:

They are AMBLYGONITE, a stone new to me, but very lovely.
----------------
Amblygonite is one of those obscure collector's stones. It is, unfortunately, very tricky for jewelry use because it is heat-sensitive--it will crack if heated unevenly. It is also soft (5) and possessed of a couple of cleavages. Assuming you can get those stones set without breaking, they should be okay for earrings--but you would still need to take great care with them.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Win they are lovely...I say SHUN convention, if they are soft, have them delicately set and wear them, if you like them, but bless the jeweler who tries!
9.gif

What a lovely color!!!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I'd probably try to set them myself, this way I have no one to blame but myself.

I have a bench set up, which I use sporatically...all the tools including the flexible shaft by Foredom.

win

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Win - how did the earrings turn out? Gorgeous colour! Pics?!?!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya Wallace...

Well, when I originally posted about the 'twins', I thought to be employed within a week or two. Unfortunately the employer is playing his cards close to his vest, and I'm still *waiting* on the interview. So money is really tight and I simply cannot afford to spend.

Ah well.

win

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Hi Win - Sorry to hear that - We'll be keeoing our fingers and paws crosssed that you get the job!!! Best wishes, Wally

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks very much, Wally, it wouldn't be so bad, but our 'worst case' scenario also came about, my SO was downsized last month as well!

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results