shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok how about now? This size eternity band with e-ring?

What do you think of this size eternity band with my e-ring?

• Just right

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Too big

Votes: 39 79.6%
  • Too small

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly am someone who thinks things like this need to match perfectly. Since you have a diamond shank already, Id get a matching band. But that's me. It would make me insane if the diamonds weren't the same size and the bands were not the same width.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
The bigger diamonds in the band don't bother me, but I would maybe suggest putting one on both sides! :naughty: And, I know they're necessary but spacers just always ruin the aesthetic IMHO.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous ring - it looks beautiful! But I'm with Ame - I'd lean more towards a smaller band of diamonds matching closer in size to your e ring. This gives you lots of bling (there is no such thing as TOO MUCH BLING in my world, FYI!) but I don't think it is balanced with the e ring.

Maybe this could be a RHR? or for the days you don't wear your e ring?

What do YOU think??

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings!

Together, though, I think the size of the eternity band takes away from your e-ring. With the band, your set looks like a hefty set. But alone, your e-ring is really beautiful in its daintiness. I feel like its daintiness gets lost when you pair it with such a large eternity band.

However, the eternity band would make a great RHR and an occassional partner with your e-ring. You know, just to change things up a bit. :naughty:

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
I think the size of your diamond is perfect with the size of the eternity... but, I don't know if the diamonds in the shank of your erring would bother me... I think it's gorgeous either way!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I voted "too big". I agree with others who said that the eternity seems to take away from your e-ring, and I also agree with those who said that a better match between your eternity and the shank of your e-ring would look better.

In the end, it's what you like, though!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Guess I'm in the minority so far. I think they look great together (I also prefer non matched sets/stacks)! Get whatever YOU like. ::)

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I think you can get a better combination. I don't think it's necessarily the size of the diamonds in the eternity, but maybe perhaps the design that doesn't complement your ering. I think the design of the eternity is too similar but not matching.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I agree with ame...I think an eternity that matched the diamonds on your e-ring band would look more balanced. I prefer matching sets, though. That eternity is stunning but I think it would look better with a solitaire or as a stand-alone/rhr.

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Does your ering not allow for a band to be closer than the spacer is? Perhaps an eternity of this size would look better without the spacer, there are styles that don't have the diamond girdle past the metal so you wouldn't need the spacer. There's not visual link between the 3 rings for me. I'm normally not matchy but I think a matching band would look best. Your ring is gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful band but I too think it detracts from your ering - I think I would prefer a thinner band more along the lines of your ering shank.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want a nice big diamond band, get one that you love for a stand alone, and either move the e-ring to the right hand or get a second matching band for it that is the same as the shank of the e-ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1330658426|3138902 said:
It is a beautiful band but I too think it detracts from your ering - I think I would prefer a thinner band more along the lines of your ering shank.

I'll join the crowd and agree with this.

I'd get a larger stand-alone eternity for an anniversary sometime!

Thanks for your input everyone! I'm not a matchy person, so I prefer the wedding band to look different from the e-ring band...but I also don't want it to look imbalanced. Perhaps its back to the drawing board.

To answer a few questions:

1) I can't swap rings around because my right hand ring finger is almost a WHOLE size bigger than my left (which makes me sad b/c there's no versatility!). I could just choose to wear my e-ring on the right hand indefinitely, and get it resized.

2) Can't get the e-ring any closer due to the basket on the e-ring. See pic.

photo-13.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do YOU want to do? do you want a stand alone ring? do you want to move the e ring to the other hand? would you like a big bling look? do you want to match?

I think try on a whack of options and filter down what it is that you would prefer to see on your hand. Once you get a feel for what really appeals to you- then go that route. Check out the threads on PS for eternity rings or 5 or 7 stone bands.

Have you thought of 2 smaller diamond bands on either side of your ering? If they were channel set, that would eliminate the need for a spacer.

Just throwin' ideas out! Good luck :))

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally not a matchy matchy person either, but I do think the diamonds in the eternity band look disproportionately large in comparison to the pave diamonds on your e-ring. If you want to stay away from matchiness, how about an eternity band that is close in size to your e-ring shank (similar mm width), but with different shape diamonds? Maybe french cuts, baguettes, rose cuts, or even emerald cuts. I love juxtaposing different diamond shapes together, but the proportions have to work. Singlestone has an amazing emerald cut band: http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&startRow=1 . And here's a French cut band: http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=370&startRow=2 . Elegant channel with Frenchies and rounds: http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=471&startRow=3 . This one's my fave: http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=72&startRow=4

D

Deactivated member 42515

I think it's beautiful! But it does take a little from your e-ring. But at that end of the day, YOU are going to be the one looking down at your hand for the rest of your life. So whatever pleases you, pleases us :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally your call on what YOU like
Best :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I've gone through this same thing. I have 2 pointers in the shank of my ering, but I didn't want something matchy matchy for the wedder, and kept thinking that I wanted a blingier band but when I tried them on I lost the POP of my center stone. Fast forward a year and now I'm upgrading everything and this time I'm going to have the wedding ring made to match the ering. Lesson learned!

I agree with the others though, the band is gorgeous but I think that it distracts from your ering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results